• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My first cooking endeavor

Scissorhands

Registered Member
So I have never cooked anything in my life. That's where our story begins.

-Regardless; I find cooking to be an art form and I love to do anything artistic. So today I decided to try to cook something. I hit a recipe site and found a recipe for Alfredo Mostaccioli. I chose this because I love pastas and I love Alfredo sauce! So I went to the store and got everything I needed.

I came home and started with a nice cleaning of the kitchen. I have what is called 'hard water' so I had to wash the dished I needed and then dry them on the stop for them not to get white hard water stains. So I cleaned the kitchen and dishes and got ready to destroy it again.

I got a little creative with the whole ordeal and thought it would be cool to make it into pizza form. So I attempted to make dough for the crust. My mistake, though, I thought there were 16 ounces in a cup for some reason. So I put too much water and failed at the crust. That was my first mistake.

Another thing I did wrong was I got four-cheese Alfredo sauce thinking that it would add a little kick. It turned out to not be as good as plain Alfredo sauce. The whole concoction turned out to be way too salty and buttery because I put too much butter due to the fact that I thought there were 16 ounces in a cup.

I got fettuccine instead of the noodles I was supposed to get because I couldn't find them at the store and I didn't think it would make a difference. I also added some canned chicken that was very tender and worked out very well in the meal. So all in all, it wasn't that great. Very edible and maybe borderline 'good', but not great.

I'm going to try to start cooking at least three meals a week and getting better. Here is a picture of the final product. I guarantee you that it looks a lot better than it tastes, haha.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I love alfredo sauce, fettuccine alfredo (I say it opposite way round from you for some reason) is definitely one of my favourite Italian dishes. Although I'm not entirely sure what you'd call what you made, since fettuccine is think ribbons of pasta, not tubes :lol: but whatever, still looks pretty good to me!
Glad to see you making an effort with cooking after reading about your foody-past a while back. And keep posting your attempts! I love pictures of foooood.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Wow.. I thought the box said fettuccine, but it was tubes, not ribbons. Was I wrong to call it Alfredo fettuccine? And the only reason I called it Alfredo fettuccine was that it started being called Alfredo Mastocolli or something like that. I thought the Mastocolli referred to the noodles. So when I put in what I thought was fettuccine, I replaced Mastocolli with fettuccine.

I'm fucked up and I don't even really know what I'm talking about...

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Wow.. I thought the box said fettuccine, but it was tubes, not ribbons. Was I wrong to call it Alfredo fettuccine? And the only reason I called it Alfredo fettuccine was that it started being called Alfredo Mastocolli or something like that. I thought the Mastocolli referred to the noodles. So when I put in what I thought was fettuccine, I replaced Mastocolli with fettuccine.

I'm fucked up and I don't even really know what I'm talking about...
you could always just search on google what you think its name is and if it looks about right then go with that. but who cares what it's called if it tastes good. :nod:

laserlight

Registered Member
it looks like chicken fettuccini with tubes and i tried to make that too. i made my alfredo sauce with parmesan and romano cheese, it was good but it wasnt really awesome, maybe i needed more spices.