My Fantasy Roster

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Swiftstrike, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Well I just had my draft today its a 50 dollar buy-in for this league and 12 people are in it. The games are played head to head on yahoo but the draft is hosted at the guys house and he enters our picks the next day. Last year i took second first year in the league.

My roster is

QB
    Duante Culpepper
    Phil Rivers

RB
    Larry Johnson
    Willis McGahee
    Thomas Jones
    Chris Brown

WR
    Reggie Wayne
    Darrell Jackson
    Mark Clayton
    Micheal Clayton
    Ernest Wilford

K
    Nate Kaeding

DEF

Chargers

Players to start every week are 1 qb 2 rbs 3 wrs one kicker and one def.

Points are awarded the following:

Passing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (8)
    Rushing Yards (5 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (8)
    Reception Yards (5 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (8)
    Return Touchdowns (8)
    2-Point Conversions (2)
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards (4)
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
    Point After Attempt Made (1)
    Sack (1)
    Interception (2)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (10)
    Safety (2)
    Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (10)
    Points Allowed 0 points (20)
    Points Allowed 1-6 points (10)
    Points Allowed 7-13 points (7)
    Points Allowed 14-20 points (3)
    Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (-3)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (-7)

Thoughts on my selections? Good draft bad draft average draft? I will say i walked away more satisfied than I did last in last years league. But teams on paper always look good because you picked them.

2. The only thing I like about your fantasy is the pickup of Larry Johnson.

3. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

I suppose you have a good list. Good luck with it. I would never settle for a QB named Duante Culpepper, but instead hold out for the best: Brady!

I have high hopes for New England taking all the marbles again!!!

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think Daunte Cullpepper with thrive in Miami with the young recievers they have down there. Your team is not bad. Your running backs are your keys of winning, but your recieving core could be better. You have guys that might you a 1000 yards but not a lot of touchdowns. Your defence is also very good.

5. Swiftstrike

I knew my receivers were weak and the Daunte was a Gamble but it was either him or Plummer and i figure id roll the risk die on daunte hoping he puts up more yards than plummer.

In order to get those top three RBs I had to blow an early pick that I would have used on a WR. I drafted RB RB and then WR then RB. However if darrel jackson and daunte perform their career averages then I'll be ok. I need McGahee to perform well and get more TDs.

Im probably one of the few players in the league who got 2 top 15 RBs in most books.

I knew my receivers were weak and the Daunte was a Gamble but it was either him or Plummer and i figure id roll the risk die on daunte hoping he puts up more yards than plummer.

In order to get those top three RBs I had to blow an early pick that I would have used on a WR. I drafted RB RB and then WR then RB. However if darrel jackson and daunte perform their career averages then I'll be ok. I need McGahee to perform well and get more TDs.

Im probably one of the few players in the league who got 2 top 15 RBs in most books.

6. The Hitman

The Hitman Guest

Yeah he's right your roster is kinda weak.

7. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I got Brady in the 5th round in my ESPN league (there's 8 people in it). But still, 5TH ROUND!!!

Anyway here's my 2 fantasy teams. Comment as you wish.

FIRST LEAGUE: 8 people

QB: Tom Brady
    RB: Larry Johnson
    RB/WR: Willie Parker
    WR: Terrell Owens
    WR: Plaxico Burress
    TE: Antonio Gates
    DEF: Seahawks
    K: David Akers
    BENCH: Jamal Lewis
    BENCH: Darrell Jackson
    BENCH: Bengals
    BENCH: David Givens
    BENCH: Deuce McAllister (will he start?)
    BENCH: LJ Smith
    BENCH: Drew Bledsoe
    BENCH: Frank Gore

SECOND TEAM - 12 people

QB: Drew Bledsoe
    RB: Ladanian Tomlinson
    RB: Jamal Lewis
    WR: Marvin Harrison
    WR: Donte Stallworth
    WR: Donald Driver
    TE: Antoino Gates
    DEF: Indianapolis
    D: (You get a single Defensive player in this league also) Ty Law
    K: David Akers
    BENCH:
    Drew Brees
    Cedric Benson
    David Givens
    Mercedes Lewis
    Ryan Lindell
    Denver Defense
    Ray Lewis

Feel free to comment on my team as you wish, hope I didn't overwhelm anyone =P

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Swiftstrike's team is not that weak and Daunte Culpepper is not that much of a risk trust me he'll do well in Miami. They even have a good shot of winning their division.

Forbidden your first team is sick. You have an elite quarterback in Tom Brady and decent replacement in Drew Bledsoe, but Brady never get hurst so no worries there. You have an elite running back in Larry Johnson and with Priest Holmes on the Unable to perform list he'll get lots of touches and Deuce Mcallister is a good one aswell but Reggie Bush will get most of the playing time. An elite Wide Reciever in Terrel Owens I am sure he'll stay out of trouble and have an amazing season and Darrel Jackson will have over 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns. And you have the best Tight End in the league in Antonio Gates. If you don't win first place I don't know what you did wrong.

9. Swiftstrike

I agree your first team Forbidden is fairly strong you should definetely take first or 2nd with a team. T.O. is a risk but his performance on the field is great and lets hope nothing carries over off the field.

2nd team is ok but jamal lewis and bledsoe are risk picks. Did Bledsoe get injured in preseason? Shoulder minor but still.

10. JAZZNC

JAZZNC Guest

Here's my team 8 people in the league.

QB:Carson Palmer, Steve McNair, and Kurt Warner
    RB:LT, Stephen Jackson, Laurence Maroney
    WR:Marvin Harrison, T.O., Derek Mason, Dieon Branch (I know I'm an idiot)
    TE:Todd Heap, Jason Witten
    K:Neil Rackers
    DEF:pittsburg and Baltimore

What do you guys think?