• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My Doctor Told Me Not To Cut My Time-Release Pills In Half

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Their are lot of different psychiatric medications nowadays. Getting on medication(s) that helps an individual feel better emotionally is a key component to overcoming mental illness for lots of people.

Being on the right dosage matters as well. Sometimes a person who is on pills needs to increase or decrease the dose of the medication he or she is on.

That's why if a person is on medication, cutting a pill in half in order to take half the dosage can be done.

However, years ago, I was on a time-release pill. And at the time, I asked my psychiatrist whom I was then seeing if me cutting the capsule in half was a good idea.

He told me not to, as doing that would cause the medication to come out all at once. This doctor told me that I didn't want to do that.

I just thought I'd mention it, as it's good information for everyone who's on psychiatric medication(s) to know.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No, never cut time released medications in half. My morphine is time released and if I did that I would get a large dose. Don't want that.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Time release pills work using layers that dissolve slowly over time. Cutting them exposes all the layers to stomach acid at the same time.