• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My Digital Sketchbook

Falconer

Registered Member
Somebody on my intro thread said I should post up some art, so... here we go. Have some art. Comments and constructive criticisms are always more than welcome!

I might add to this thread as I come up with new stuff, but I don't have a lot of time for drawing at the moment so... could be a while between updates. Ah well. Here we go, anyway.

I am notoriously bad for not finishing anything. Ever. On this one, I got stuck into colouring Imturi (on the left) before I'd even finished the lineart for Zalas (right. Well, floor-right). BAD PLAN. Must persuade self to go and do lineart. There's another two blasted fellas to add in before the flaming composition is even finished, and I'm on with colours? Does Not Compute, self...

Krissy, ex-purging-anorexic bassist for the wildly successful (in their world, which I RP with my girlfriend) indie-rock group the Schrodinger Dogs, probably in a promo shoot pose, or something. Showing off the millions of tattoos. Which, surprise surprise, I can't be bothered to finish colouring... Giving him all those tattoos was probably a bad plan.

Steampunk character sketches. 'Cos why not.

Oh my good god it's finished (apart from the lack of background, but I'm also notorious for not doing background ever, either). Cpt. Archie Hennick of the airship Elusive Dreamer, and his ground-based engineer (and later wife), Drew. Archie is damn close to my altar-ego in some ways -- he's definitely my go-to steampunk character for dressing up, events, festivals etc. I cosplayed him for Whitby Goth this year =D

An AU incarnation of a couple of my rather unsavoury vamp characters. HEY LOOK MUM A BACKGROUND. *dead*

So yeah. Comments, concrit, throw it at me. And if I've posted this in the wrong place, my sincere apologies and please feel free to move it. =]

Taliesin

Registered Member
Mate, you make my art look amateurish. You are really very good. I would love to see you do more!

Falconer

Registered Member
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

I'm working on something big for my best mate for Christmas, though it's looking doubtful I'll have time to finish it before then. I'll stick it up here if I ever do finish it, though. Got to admit I think it's one of the better things I've ever done.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
That's pretty great man! I am jealous!

Couldn't help but notice the resemblance between Archie Hennick and Flynn Rider.

Falconer

Registered Member
Hah, well spotted, Aleks! Though I'd come up with Archie's character concept long before I ever saw Tangled. I hadn't noticed the resemblance myself, though since you point it out, I submit graciously. :p

Falconer

Registered Member
Oh, believe me I've tried! I have neither the time nor the patience to devote to a webcomic or graphic novel. Maybe someday!

Taliesin

Registered Member
Oh, believe me I've tried! I have neither the time nor the patience to devote to a webcomic or graphic novel. Maybe someday!
Well, I draw comics m'self (altho' nothing famous or noteworthy... yet), and trust me when I say that you have the chops to draw comics too... should you ever choose to do so!

Falconer

Registered Member
Eph, it's more about time management than anything. I'm in the third year of my undergrad degree and it is whipping my arse, time-wise. Maybe someday I'll have some time to devote to drawing a comic. I'd love to give it a shot!