• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

My digital art dream purchase

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Any digital artists here? (People who prefer not having to wear a smock and get paint on their shirt anyway!)

Anyone ever used the Wacom Cintiq monitors? They let you draw directly on the screen in high resolution.

Cintiq 21UX Product Information

The only one available currently is $2,499 but it is definitely in my list of things I plan to buy eventually. I would get so much art done with this bad boy it's not even funny.

I'm sure it is worth every penny but I'm going to wait out a bit and see if a new model comes out anytime soon. This version is over 2 years old right now.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Then we can have real graphics here!

Kidding, that thing is sweet. I don't have the talent to ever be able to use one.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I plan to get one and actually I am asking around to find out how many of my clients would hire me for custom graphics if I make this purchase. I want to make back the money pretty quickly so I want to make sure I can line up enough work in advance to make the jump.

And hey the graphics here are supposed to be simple. Maybe I'll make some sweet custom avatars though if I pick this thing up soon. :)

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
Are Digital Drawing Tablets a thing of the past? I think they were the grandfather to touchpad we know to come and use on laptops.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes they came out first. The type of touch screen monitor I posted above is way different though and is definitely among the newer touch sensitive technologies on the market.

That being said, I still want this badly.