My Daughters Pet Rock :)

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by trees, Apr 3, 2005.

1. trees

trees Registered Member

HI, WELL MY LAST AUCTION I POSTED IS NOT LIVE ANY MORE, IT IS VERY DEAD.......
    SO HERE IS ANOTHER!
    I WILL TAKE ANY IDEAS THAT MAY BE HELPFUL!

BAZAAR MY DAUGHTERS CUTE & FREAKY LOOKING PET ROCK

MAYBE THIS ONE WONT BE SUCH A FLOP, FINGERS CROSSED! :grin:

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Suggestion. Go into great detail about how to care for the rock, and what it likes to do. Talk about how you will miss it. Pretend as if it's a pet. Make it as funny as possible. That's what gets people talking about it!

And also, take the preapproved bidder thing off for now. You don't want to put that on until it gets into the more serious numbers. Right now it's too inconvenient for someone to bid on it.

Just my thoughts.

3. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

The idea is good but the auction needs some zip....pazzaz (or however you spell it)? Maybe re read the lady selling her kids ghost auction for some ideas? Pretend your telling your daughter a story about the rock....what it likes, doesn't like. What they played that day....something to give you ideas to jazz up the auction a bit. JMHO. Seems you not only have to come up with an idea but also be a story teller to do well in these auctions??? GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! Will be watching!

4. Mirage

Yep, it's 90% about selling the story, and 10% about what you are selling, if that.

5. trees

trees Registered Member

Thanks so much! I will get busy right now!

Wish me more and more luck! ;)

OK, I have revised it some, I am not finished I am sure, check it out! Hope there is something "funny" in there! heeheeheeeee Let me know what you think now!

yessssss I am so happy! My item has not had alot of traffic, and only has a few watchers, but it does have 2 bids! I am happy as heck! YEEEEEEEHAW :cool:

OH I AM JUST HAPPY CAUSE I GOT A BID ON MY DAUGHTERS PET ROCK! ME SOOO HAPPY! WISH IT WOULD GROW THO! :lol:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  6. Mirage

Good luck! Still time left :)

7. trees

trees Registered Member

I need some media attention for my item, not enough traffic!
    HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Where is golden palace????? hahahahahahaaa
    HELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!
    OK THEN, WISH ME LUCK!!! :lol:

I MEANT TO SAY WHERE IS GP???? BUT IT DIDNT SAY IT! :hmph:

WELL! I HAVE 6 SMALL BIDS, AND 7 WATCHERS! :lol:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005