My daughter is making me call her Dominic Hasek

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeanie, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Every time I say her name, she says "what's my name mama" and I have to say Dominic Hasek.

My mom is watching her today and now she's correcting my mom. "I'm Dominic Hasek!"

Um, yeah.

Millz likes this.

2. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

hey I used to do that. Up until a few months ago, I got really angry when people called me by my real name: Laurel. I insisted on being called Ducky.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Wait a sec, isn't Dominic a bloke's name?

How old is this daughter?

4. Jeanie

Dominic Hasek is the Red Wings' goalie.

She is 2.

She told me the other day that she wants to be a goalie but she doesn't have the pads or gloves or mask. I asked her if she wanted to be a right winger, she said no. Left winger? no. center? no. defenseman? no. goalie? YES. :nod:

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

How cute is that? I miss those days...sort of.

Two of my girls went through a phase of calling me by my first name, my youngest still does now and then, the little twerp.

Are you going to sign her up for ice skating lessons?

6. Jeanie

yes, she'll be old enough for snow cubs (3-5 year old hockey) next year. she's very distressed that she can't skate yet.

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

She's the next Manon Rheaume! Sign her up

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Toddlers on ice, there are few things funnier than that. When I had my girls in lessons, they had to wear these big old helmets, and they always looked like they were ready to tip from the weight of them.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

That is too freaking adorable. :D

10. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

That is so awesome Jeanie...this is why I feel we need a WNHL. The NBA has the WNBA so why can't the NHL have a WNHL.