my brain hurts

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So my Brother asked me:
Hey douchbag I need help with a math problem;

"Pablo is splitting oranges into bags, he puts in 3 at a time and when he finishes there is one left.

He does the same thing with the same amount of Oranges in another bag only this time he puts them in 4 at a time and again finishes with only one left.

Pablo does the same thing all the way up from 5;6;7;8;9;10 and all end up with only one left.

However when he pairs them by 11, there are none left. What is the minimum amount of Oranges needed to make this happne? Remember he had the same amount of oranges each time he moved them."
:hah: Dontcha hate it when people ask you shit like this and it makes you feel stupid? I dont even know where to fucking start on that kind of problem anymore

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
How old is your brother and what the fuck kind of math is he taking? I either never had problems as hard as this or I just cheated my way through that course. Both are incredibly possible

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah, it shows how much we use the math they taught us in school in the big bad world :lol:
------
How old is your brother and what the fuck kind of math is he taking? I either never had problems as hard as this or I just cheated my way through that course. Both are incredibly possible
Yeah, we had answer pages in the back of our text books. The teachers trusted us not to use them. Dumbasses :rolleyes:

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
He is 15 and in Freshman Math :hah:

I tried at first to set up a "Guess and Check" table...but then I remembered that I had to unlearn how to use guess and check tables because of all the Plane-Geometry and Probability courses I've taken since.

Damn you College! You ruined all my useful Math Knowledge with things like Matrices that I'll never use in the real world!

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
Me too. Well friends is a loose term for that, I sat next to a brainy kid in math.
Well see deep down I was a super smart kid myself so it was natural for us to hang out and party together. I just never applied myself, especially in math. Ohhh numbers in general make my brain hurt.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
the part i don't get is when it says he puts 3 or 4 at a time and there's no one left.
what does that mean? why or why not should there be left any of them?

it's 1:22 AM . my brain hardly functions to get the logic of the sentence, let alone to give solution to this math problem.