My Baking Exam

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Thursday is my baking exam. And when that's over I will have officially finished my schooling concerning Baking.
The exam will consist of baking one of the following:
Lemon meringue pie
Almond & Apple pie
Orange Genoese cake
Choux Pastry

And then decorating the plate with the finished baked product with:
caramel decorations
or
cooked fruit in sugar decorations.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
That sounds really cool! An exam dedicated to baking!

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will ace it and bake some wonderful goods!

As a side note, what is a Orange Genoese cake? I've never heard of that before

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
That sounds really cool! An exam dedicated to baking!

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will ace it and bake some wonderful goods!

As a side note, what is a Orange Genoese cake? I've never heard of that before
Thanks for your wishes, Nix. :)
The Genoese is a basic cake (similar to sponge cake) one usually makes to cover with sugar dough/marzipan for fancy looking cakes.
You can flavour the cakes at your own will and in the exam we need to make it orange flavour. And then we need to decorate it with orange flavoured cream and such. Should be fun if I get to do it.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Thanks for your wishes, Nix. :)
The Genoese is a basic cake (similar to sponge cake) one usually makes to cover with sugar dough/marzipan for fancy looking cakes.
You can flavour the cakes at your own will and in the exam we need to make it orange flavour. And then we need to decorate it with orange flavoured cream and such. Should be fun if I get to do it.
Ah I see! Thanks for telling me, it sounds pretty good, I like the idea of it. I'd have it. Do you find out how you did on the day or do you have to wait for your results?

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I'll be told on the day.
The teacher is going to give a mark according to presentation and taste, so I better not joke and put salt instead of sugar, eh?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Good luck, be sure to let us know how it turned out for you on the day. It would be great to see the final result but I don't suppose you'd be able to get a picture, correct?

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
So I did it.
Had to make a lemon meringue pie.
Overall the pie came out well.
Decorations were good except for a piece of foil getting stuck to a sugared lemon slice.
I will get final score delivered home with a diploma.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Good to see you did well Boredie :D

Umm...doesn't the results determine whether or not you get a diploma?

I'm just confused as to why you're getting both your results and your diploma at the same time haha.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That's awesome Boredie. So, where are you going to go from here? Work for someone else or start your own business? I remember from another of your threads seeing pictures of what you baked, they looked great. You should send some to GFers :lol: