My 1st sig by myself

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by Vidic15, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Now

B nice

This is my first sig I HAVE EVER MADE by myself

Rate it on the scale from 0/10

[​IMG]

I know it looks crap

2. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Wrong effects for the wrong sig Drxx. I wouldv'e choice a blue color as the bg instead of pink...pink makes it look girlish. Now that font....what is that Veranda or Arial, take it off and change it, makes teh sig look boring and uninteresting. I give your sig a 4/10 though.

P.S. Oh and that sig I was telling u about in the other thread of urs that was made in paint...well here is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I am too tired to change the colour

I might do it tommorow after school.

And that sig looks cool..I cant even draw an car in paint...Let alone make that

4. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Dude...doing a sig in paint is EASY. I just need to get my lazy butt to go and download photoshop before I go mad lol. But if u can do that sig right there Drxx then u can do one in paint...I think >>;

Well anyway cya gotta catch a nap before I get on teh bus....

5. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

umm wierd...
    im just ganna say it needs work and leave it at that..

as for rating, even though I dont really like to rate stuff anymore, I would give it a 4/10 needs a lot more work.
    and how come you guys shy away from a border?... that still confuses me about new sig makers..

6. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

Most people new to design, usually don't understand or know the principal of applying a border, from an artistic reasoning point of view, and how it affects the image anyway. Then again most artists don't know that either...

So I'll go with the easier explanation that they jusy don't think about it. Once you've been doing sigs alot you get into the habit of putting a border on it. Hell even I still forget sometimes because photoshop naturally borders your image in the window, I never notice it until I save it and view in a different app.

As for your sig its completely horrendous. Now that sounds harsh I know, but its your first sig so its to be expected. Its good that you incorporated an a stock image into it, and messed around with filters and creating a background that wasn't a solid color, and worked with text. These are the basic elements of creating a sig, and its good that you incorporated all of them. Too many times you see beginners first sigs on a solid bright red background with a sloppy cut out and horrible black text. You really don't have any of that (except for the text, though thats a very hard thing for people to get) now you just need practice, and some fine tuning and you'll be creating solid gold work =)