MW3 may not happen; Some IW sue Activision

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Twitch, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Activision has broken up Infinity Ward completely. Once the new map pack is finished for MW2 they will be given their outright release. Modern Warfare 3 and the other two in-progress Call of Duty games will be split between two Activision studios that have never had anything to do with the franchise.

Analyst: Infinity Ward will be ?essentially closed? after next map pack is released | General Gaming News

So MW3 will happen, but it might not be any good. Of course, it could be better. I think it will be bloated and full of itself just like Halo 3.

3. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Activision should have just paid those employees the money they were owed.

It looks like West and Zampella's lawsuit just got a huge boost in its credibility, now that Activison is being sued by an army of its own employees rather than by just 2 people.

4. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

CoD is sort of dead for me. The 2 lead designers already left and formed Respawn Entertainment and 28 IW employees already left as well.

I'll go back to CoD 2 or 4 in case i miss it.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If Modern Warfare 3 is shit or doesn't get made then whatever company needs to be boycotted ASAP.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm sure it will happen. its to big of a franchise to let just go down the drain. Activision is a Company and they know what franchises make them money. They'll spit out at least one more MW before they give up on it.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

And if then I'm sure their emails will be filled to capacity with tons of hate mail.