[MW2] Stimulus Package

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I figured that my post in the main mw2 thread could actually be a thread of it's own =P

Has anyone with Xbox downloaded the stimulus package? I did. At first I thought I'd wasted 20 bucks on microsoft points. But once I got used to the maps, I found them to be alright. Only one of them is horribly designed. The one set in the junkyard. There's this stupid building in one spot, and from it, you can see down all the lines approaching the building. Theres no way to get an angle to shoot a nade launcher in there even without getting tubed or sniped yourself. So basically, whichever team spawns at that spot at the beginning of the game wins. Until I can figure out a new tactic of sneaking up on it. Otherwise, the other maps, now that I've learned them a little are okay. There's one called Crash, and it's a remake of the crash site map from a previous COD game. That map is sweet. It flows really great, and if you're having trouble finding someone to kill, you just head to the wreckage in the middle of the map, and usually you'll find someone. There's places to hole up, but there's always a way to sneak up on those places too. Playing on that map seem so smooth. Not frusterating in the least. Fun, the way it should be. The other 3 maps, Overgrown, Bailout and Storm are okay. Storm is some kind of industrial/warehouse complex, Bailout is a couple apartment buildings, parking lots, exploding cars and a street to cross, and Overgrown is set in some country side village with lots of buildings, windows, tall grass and some kind of creek you can run down/cross etc. Some of the original maps are better than these, but it's still nice to have something new.

So yah, that's what I said, How about you guys? Anyone download the new Stimulus Package? I think it's only out for xbox. But I could be wrong.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It comes out for PS3 on the 30th.

To me, it's a huge waste of money. It doesn't add any new playability, just a few maps and they're definitely not worth $15.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yah, I definitely got boned for the 20 bucks it cost me, but oh well, gotta take risks sometimes. The main reason I got them though was cause I still play, and if I wanna keep playing with my friends, I need the same maps.

Seems just like any other game "package" with more features and stuff they couldn't include in the main game. I'm just gonna save my money and wait for the next COD game.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Micfranklin, all it is, is 5 new maps. lol. It's not stuff they couldn't include, it's to help renew interest.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I probably won't purchase it. I really don't care enough about CoD to purchase additional maps and $20 for 5 maps seems relatively steep to me. Although I am sure the Halo Map packs were just as expensive per map.

Unless not owning the maps prevents me from playing team deathmatch I can't envision making the purchase. And if it was required for that playlist I would have to think about it.

Micfranklin, all it is, is 5 new maps. lol. It's not stuff they couldn't include, it's to help renew interest.
I'm still not going for it.

Don't get me wrong, MW2 was a kickass game but I can be patient and just take what I got with the multiplayer right now.