• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games MW2 - How do you play it?

Saint_Anger

Ok... So as everyone knows theres a tonne of players on all platforms, but everyone plays different. Personally ive got just over 700 hours of play, and have hit the prestiege button 24 times. Everyones got a different play style, im just interested in what everyones is.

I usually run a FMJ Intervention or m21, with a FMJ M9 secondary, running slight of hand, stopping power and commando. Theres nothing i hate more than people who hipfire (especially akimbo g18's), and campers...

Your turn..

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
I don't play MW2 anymore but i had 300 hours, i rarely press the prestige button i play to level up just for fun.

I use certain weapons for an certain amount of time then i change them so i can't really put down what weapons i use however i was most successful with the barret 50. with HB sensor and silencer and M1014 with grip and ext. mags running scavenger (for claymores) coldblooded and ninja, I was a major camper but what do expect with a sniper rife. I mainly play hardcore and when i don't i'll use a noobtuber class, it's all about winning and annoying people. I hate quickscopers letting the game aim for you how pathetic.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Prestige . . . 24 times? I'm assuming you have multiple accounts or systems.

I tend to either rush or flank. When I flank I like to run the SCAR with tubes to clear out popular camping spots, marathon, stopping power and ninja to be stealthier. When I rush I like using the UMP like 80% of people who play but I honestly love the ACR with FMJ simply for the accuracy.

Also, who cares about hipfiring? Why does it bother you? Personally I think quickscopers and trickshotters are much more annoying although they're great for the free kills.

Saint_Anger

Your scar setup is pretty similar to mine only i use commando and slight of hand... As for the hipfiring, i just feel it shows a lack of either skill or reflex... Its not taking a dig at anyone, I just dont see the point in just firing 20 bullets form the hip when 4 down the sight will do the job.. TBH, im kinda an angry cod gamer lol, hence the screen name St.Anger :)

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well if you're running around just hipfiring, then yeah you're a total chump unless you're trying to challenge yourself or just fool around. However if you have a class setup with a shotgun secondary like the best sniper in the game, the SPAS, you can pair that with a great hipfire weapon like the MP5K and Steady Aim and you'll be beastly. With any gun that has decent hipfire it should become second nature to start firing before aiming once you see an enemy close enough. It ensures a kill especially with the boost from steady aim.

Commando on the other hand . . . zero skill.

:lol:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I run with the ACR, fmj, stopping power, steady aim and bling, with the red dot sight. I always try to flank. Sneak around etc. I find it works pretty good for me. I don't aim for killstreaks. I just root out the campers because i know where most of them go on the maps.

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
What i use to do on search and destroy and it was so much fun, was run Handgun with a tac knife and commando lightweight and marathon, you could kill half the team in less than a minute, i use to get so much hate mail. Only works for so long because then know your coming but you can always change game.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
What i use to do on search and destroy and it was so much fun, was run Handgun with a tac knife and commando lightweight and marathon, you could kill half the team in less than a minute, i use to get so much hate mail. Only works for so long because then know your coming but you can always change game.
Of course you get hate mail, Commando is largely understood to be a noobish perk since it's completely silly and adding Lightweight, Marathon and the tac knife is just overkill. You deserve it.

:lol:

@ Smel: If I'm going for killstreaks, it's the TAR-21 with FMJ and Hardline. I love being the Recon guy in domination using UAV, Counter UAV and Sentry Gun.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yah, when I play with george and tyler. I'm the UAV guy haha. I always run with the stinger as my secondary. I'm the bane of harriers, helicopters and AC1'whatever's. I have all the titles for shooting shit down haha

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
I dunno why they call it noobish because if your sat at the top of the score board in every game how could you be considered a noob, i consider it as a winner and thats what it's all about. I think i help people become more diverse in their gameplay, now they have to think about what to do rather than the generic run shoot run shoot run shoot :lol:. I only work this class on S&D and if your clever which some players are it can be easily countered.