• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MVP

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We all know that the NBA MVP will be selected very soon. Who do you think is going to win and why? I think it's going to be Steve Nash repeating this year. Last year he won it and he had Amare Stoudamire, but this year and he had a lot of roles players, which he made them way better then they were a year ago. For example look at Boris Diaw he almost made him an all star, and he won the Most Improve Player Award. There's no doubt in my mind the MVP should go to him.

E

Escobar

Steve Nash really does deserve it, but the way Kobe Bryant is playing in their series it seems like it's a battle for MVP. If Kobe Bryant manages to take a team that no one expected to go far to the Western Conference Finals, or even the second round, I think he should be considered.

It's a really tough decision though, because of other players like LeBron James, Elton Brand & Dirk Nowitzki stepping it up for their teams this year...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Playoff don't mean anything for the MVP voting. The MVP race ends at the end of the season. But it's true that Kobe, LeBron, Dirk and Elton had amazing seasons but Steve Nash made the playoffs with a bunch of people who were decent players and made them into known names around the league. LeBron, Kobe, Elton and Dirk all had second scoreres on their team and Steve Nash had none and with is amazing passes he made on into Boris Diaw.

E

Escobar

Well you're right there, but Kobe Bryant did what he had to do during the season also and made it to the playoffs...and in my opinion the Suns have an overall better team than the Lakers anyway, with the exception of maybe Lamar Odom, and that's not counting Amare Stoudomire.

I'm not taking anything away from Nash though, I think he has Kobe edged out on this one, I'm just saying Bryant should be considered. Without Nash I don't know where the Suns would be right now, but I REALLY don't wanna know where the Lakers would be without Kobe :p

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to give you that one. The Lakers and Suns are in the same boat in skills. But Steve Nash gave the Suns a better record then Kobe gave to the Lakers. There's no doubt that Kobe should be considered in the MVP voting I think he should be the one who finishes second in the race. The only thing that goes against Steve Nash in winning the MVP this year is that he won it last year.

G

Godfather

The MVP criteria is very simple: the most valuable player on one of the (top) teams in the NBA. Why is Kobe even a candidate in the first place? In history, the NBA never had an MVP from a team without a winning record. Its not Billups, because every one of the Pistons is just as valuable. Steve makes everyone around him better, and carried his team to 50+ wins without Amare. What more can you ask for.

But make no mistake about the fact that the NBA is a business, meaning they want maney. Thus, they will hype up Kobe and LeBron at any chance they get. I remember watching a regular season game between two teams not the Lakers or Caves on ABC, but Kobe's name was mention above all.

E

Escobar

You can't honestly deny that James and Kobe are valuable to their teams...they would be nowhere without them.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya I agree on Nash winning MVP. Mostly everybody thinks that. And yes Kobe and Lebron are very valuable to their team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh I agree it's a money making business not doubt about that, but not for this situation, I think that Nash is the Most Valuable Player on is team because like I stated earlier he made mobody's to almost all stars. Also last year there where a lot of people saying oh he only won it because he's white, that's a load crap. He was the MVP last and he's going to repeat this year.

F

fatboy

Godfather said:
The MVP criteria is very simple: the most valuable player on one of the (top) teams in the NBA. Why is Kobe even a candidate in the first place? In history, the NBA never had an MVP from a team without a winning record. Its not Billups, because every one of the Pistons is just as valuable. Steve makes everyone around him better, and carried his team to 50+ wins without Amare. What more can you ask for.

But make no mistake about the fact that the NBA is a business, meaning they want maney. Thus, they will hype up Kobe and LeBron at any chance they get. I remember watching a regular season game between two teams not the Lakers or Caves on ABC, but Kobe's name was mention above all.
as much as i hate to, i agree. ima big kobe fan, but his team barely made the playoffs. in my book that doesnt matter, but the past MVP's are from winning teams. even though i feel the best player shouldnt be determined by his team. it is not a team award.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 2
Babe_Ruth NFL 3
K NBA 2
Babe_Ruth NFL 15
Babe_Ruth Baseball 0