MVP in the A.L

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I think it's between two players right now David Ortiz and Vernon Well, yes I said it Vernon Wells, he's having a MVP season, and he's playing tremoundous defense, if he keeps it up then he will have a great chance on winning the award. I know some people will disagree with me and think I'm only saying this because I'm a Jays fan, but you got to watch him to see what I see and look at is numbers they're great.

2. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I would agree with you on Wells. He had a 2 HR night yesterday, and he has been unstoppable as of late.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yes he has, and no he's not only hitting home runs, he's also getting singles and doubles, he has really putting it on, since J.P criticize the Blue Jays, he knows that he is the leader of the team, and he needs to step it up, hopefully he'll continue.

4. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

2 other people who have been performing well in the A.L. are David Ortiz (who you said), and also Jim Thome. And Hafner's been doing very good as well (although he didn't make the allstar game).

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree that Thome and Wells are having great years, but Ortiz is overdue for an MVP award. He always gets overlooked because he is mostly a DH (despite a great stretch of interleague play with great first base play). He is pure clutch and even when he's not in a clutch situation, he still drives in runs. Ortiz is the player that every team needs in a tight spot and the Red Sox are damned lucky to have him. I swear to God, if those Yankee-lovers vote A-Rod in, I'm giving up on the MLB.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Well it really depends if there team makes theplayoffs. So if the Blue Jays don't make the playoffs(Same with White Sox) neither Thome or Wells will win the MVP award. That said I think David Ortiz is the front runner right now.

7. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Well yeah, If A-Rod gets voted in it has no credibility, because not only is he Mr. Un-Clutch, but he also isn't having as great of a year as Ortiz, Thome etc. Now that I think about it, Ortiz is probably the best bet right now, because he has good stats, and has a clutch ability to win games for his team as well.

8. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

David Ortiz A.L. mvp hands down these nobody else who can hit like him.

9. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Either Thome or Ortiz. It most likely will come down as to which of their teams doesn't make the postseason.

10. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

Big Papi's got this without a doubt my friends. He's an amazing player. He's the most clutch player in the majors. Why? He's had countless walk-off hits including several of which have been walk-off homers. He's the most feared player whenever he comes to bat. The Twins made a huge mistake when they let go of this guy a couple years back.