MVP as a face

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

After watching Smackdown this week it's obvious MVP is finally a face as he receives a great initial reaction and then an "MVP chant" echoed throughout the arena.

So how good do you think MVP is gonna be as a face? Looks like him and Benjamin have a date for the US title eventually and Chavo Guerrero is also around as well.

2. azrael013

azrael013 New Member

I've always thought that MVP was really entertaining - he was fun as a heel and I think he can pull it off as a credible face, especially against both Shelton and Chavo. And hey, he deserves the chants after a twenty-or-something week losing streak.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Annoying to me as a heel, easy to like as a face. I saw the turn coming when he first started to lose his confidence and thereby become a more sympathetic character, and I was really happy to hear the crowd so firmly behind him this past week. Let's hope that his punishment for backstage arrogance is done and he gets some good story.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I'm loving MVP as a face, ever since his match against the big show he's been getting fantastic responses from the crowd. I'd like to see him get a little more mic time though while he's got the crowd behind him.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think MVP will be a good face, he's already getting the crowd reaction. I think he's very talented in the ring, and hopefully this face turns means he's going to get a push. He deserves it that's for sure.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

That ballin' deal he does and hits the elbow is awesome. Not because it's impactful but because its crowd endearing. Like, for example:

5 knuckle shuffle, people's elbow, kingston's deal. That stuff works...hell the WORM got over.

7. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

What I love about MVP going face is that a big part of the crowd getting behind him was his underdog status.

I'm one of those guys that often will root for the underdog team, and it turns out the crowds can be like that too. Rock on.