Muslims Continue Pushing Christians Out of Bethlehem

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Your opinion on this article?
Muslims Continue Pushing Christians Out of Bethlehem - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Arutz Sheva
(IsraelNN.com) The Muslim Fatah-controlled authority in Judea and Samaria is encouraging a "sharp demographic shift" in Bethlehem, where the Christian population went from a 60 percent majority in 1990 to a 40 percent minority in 2000, to about 15 percent of the city's total population today.
It is estimated that, for the past seven years, more than one thousand Christians have been emigrating from the Bethlehem area annually and that only 10,000 to 13,000 Christians remain in the city. International human rights lawyer Justus Reid Weiner, who teaches at Hebrew University, told the Jerusalem Institute for Global Jewish Affairs that, under the PA-Fatah regime, Christian Arabs have been victims of frequent human rights abuses by Muslims.
"There are many examples of intimidation, beatings, land theft, firebombing of churches and other Christian institutions, denial of employment, economic boycotts, torture, kidnapping, forced marriage, sexual harassment, and extortion," he said. PA officials are directly responsible for many of the attacks, and some Muslims who have converted to Christianity have been murdered.
In 2006, Hassan El-Masalmeh, a member of the Bethlehem City Council and local Hamas leader, publicly advocated implementing a discriminatory tax on non-Muslim residents.
"Incidents of Muslim men ‘seducing' or kidnapping Christian girls have caused growing anxiety among the Christian population.
The PA was involved in the torture of two Muslim brothers from Samaria who adopted the Christian faith.

"I was beaten with sticks; they stripped me naked and made me sit on bottles, and on the legs of chairs that they turned upside down, and many, many other sadistic things that I am even ashamed to say. Many times they allowed lynch mobs like the Al-Aksa Brigades to come in and pull prisoners out of the cells. They were taken out and shot on the spot, their bodies then dragged through the streets for all to see."
Despite all of this, Weiner says, American Episcopalians and Presbyterians frequently blame Israel for the Middle East conflict. Leaders of other North American churches including the Methodists, the United Church of Christ, and the Lutherans "have also gone to great lengths to offer up one-sided condemnations of Israeli policies."

padd

Registered Member
"There are many examples of intimidation, beatings, land theft, firebombing of churches and other Christian institutions,
Fuckin Muslims, God forbid we burn a mosque here in Canada, they will protest and protest and protest. That's all they know how to do these people; whine & whine. As you can see in the article they're not saints either, if it were up to me Christians should push them out of Canada, or to make things fair they should go to Mecca and push them out, you think I give a shit about how holy it is, or about that arab prick Mohammed? Bethelehem is the birth place of Jesus Christ and these Muslims are basicly destroying holy land.. but here is the kicker it is not their holy land. If in their holy land a women is not wearing the right scarf over her head, they freak out. bah go get a job is all I gotta say to them, because me and you are paying for their welfare checks right now.

Last edited:

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I do not understand why there is such violence.
Though I know the history of the situation from both sides (Israel vs. Palastinians) the violence never seems to end. One side always gives way and instead of peace which we hope for there is more violence since they learn that violence gets them somewhere.

padd

Registered Member
Bethlehem is in the Gaza Strip I believe, mostly Arab territory although Bethlehem was predominently Chsristian at one time. What I don't understand is that these Muslims have the nerve to torture Chrstians in their country, but then when the Western World (which is predmonantly Christian) are prejudice against them they complain and bring up the code of ethics. Can you say hypocrit? The Western World should take lessons from Italy, put every Muslim who objects them into the Adriatic and send them to the Balkan lands and wash their hands clean. lmao

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
This is why I refuse to join or commit to any religion. Religion strips people away to their basal layers so we can see them for who they really are and unfortunately, that usually means animalistic paranoid maniacs with "higher purpose".

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If religion itself is the problem, why does this kind of violence only happen in certain places? Why don't we see it perpetrated in the United States, for example; by the 200 million or so believing citizens here, including an estimated six million to ten million Muslims?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
If religion itself is the problem, why does this kind of violence only happen in certain places? Why don't we see it perpetrated in the United States, for example; by the 200 million or so believing citizens here, including an estimated six million to ten million Muslims?
Because we hide behind civility and reason. Not all religious folk are nuts, probably a quarter of them would be my guess. But that's just me.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Because we hide behind civility and reason. Not all religious folk are nuts, probably a quarter of them would be my guess. But that's just me.
I'll buy the 25% figure, but... "hide behind"? You mean you see us as a nation of troglodytes, merely pretending to be civilized? I'm not trying to pick your words apart; I just want to understand your position.

Wade8813

Registered Member
From what I've observed, you'll generally find about the same percent of religious whackos as you'll find non-religious whackos (or religious whackos who are loony because of non-religious reasons). People like maligning certain groups for being lunatics, but I've realized all groups can be labeled that way.