• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Muslim migrants threw Christians overboard

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rome (CNN)Muslims who were among migrants trying to get from Libya to Italy in a boat this week threw 12 fellow passengers overboard -- killing them -- because the 12 were Christians, Italian police said Thursday.
Italian police: Muslim migrants threw Christians overboard

This is horrible, the Italian police have arrested 15 people over this. I guess more would have been thrown over if they hadn't formed a human chain.

People need to learn to be more tolerant of others even if they are different than themselves.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Keep the Christians, arrest the suspects, then send the other Muslims back to Libya... just saying. I noticed it wasnt Christians drowning Muslims and the reliigion killings totally do needa stop!
How can anyone call Islam a religion of peace?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nothing was said about these murderers being part of any radical group either. At least not yet. They simple killed them because of being Christian. I'll never understand that.

I heard on the news there was a disagreement about something.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Keep the Christians, arrest the suspects, then send the other Muslims back to Libya... just saying. I noticed it wasnt Christians drowning Muslims and the reliigion killings totally do needa stop!
How can anyone call Islam a religion of peace?
I think the murderers should go to prison for the rest of their life for murder.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's true Major, most religions have their radicals. However it does seem to be more prevalent in Muslims right now. Am I saying all Muslims would do this, of course not.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That's true Major, most religions have their radicals. However it does seem to be more prevalent in Muslims right now. Am I saying all Muslims would do this, of course not.
Look at where the vast majority of Muslims come from. They have lived under oppressive, totalitarian governments for centuries, as they do to this day. I think that has a lot more to do with breeding extremism than the religion itself. The Abrahamic religions are really not that dissimilar to each other in principle.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Look at where the vast majority of Muslims come from. They have lived under oppressive, totalitarian governments for centuries, as they do to this day. I think that has a lot more to do with breeding extremism than the religion itself. The Abrahamic religions are really not that dissimilar to each other in principle.
I have to agree with that. Living under Sharia law all your life has to make it difficult to breath. Then throw a tyrant in on top of that would make you crazy. However Nigeria is having problems with Boko Haram and Nigeria is suppose to be a democracy.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
However Nigeria is having problems with Boko Haram and Nigeria is suppose to be a democracy.
That's true, but Nigeria hardly has a stable government as far as I know, and their education and overall quality of life is extremely poor.