• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Muslim maternity trousers

Sim

Registered Member
The problem is it is usually forced on women by men. Children don't elect to marry old men and be raped by them it is forced on them. Women don't have the option not to cover their heads or whole body with a Burka in many Muslim countries they are made to. In these same countries you can kill your wife and as long as a family member forgives you your free to kill your next wife when you find someone else you would rather have.
This exactly!

I don't think the problem with ridiculous things like that is modesty or lack thereof; my all means, if a women desperately wants to wear such a thing when giving birth, that's her right.

But the problem is a culture in which men determine what a woman has to do in order to be "modest".

And I don't limit this to Islam. In many less developed countries, women aren't treated well and their opinions counts few. There are many regions even in the West, especially America, where bigoted Christians or Christian cults are still living very backwards morals and haven't understood yet what freedom actually is (or rather, that your freedom of religion does not entitle you to oppress people who don't share their view, or women).

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This exactly!

I don't think the problem with ridiculous things like that is modesty or lack thereof; my all means, if a women desperately wants to wear such a thing when giving birth, that's her right.

But the problem is a culture in which men determine what a woman has to do in order to be "modest".

And I don't limit this to Islam. In many less developed countries, women aren't treated well and their opinions counts few. There are many regions even in the West, especially America, where bigoted Christians or Christian cults are still living very backwards morals and haven't understood yet what freedom actually is (or rather, that your freedom of religion does not entitle you to oppress people who don't share their view, or women).
Yes we have our religious bigots here but they usually don't have the law or the whole community on their side. They harass or discriminate and they get harassed. Can't say that about a lot of countries where the line between religion and government isn't there.

Reactions: Sim