Muslim Day: Six Flags September 12th

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

All Event: Six Flags Great America

Do you have any problems with Six Flags having Muslim Day one day after 9/11? Or you believe there's nothing wrong with it, and they can celebrate it whenever they like?

Personally, I have no problem with them having a Muslim Day, but I believe it should be on another day. I know it's been almost nine years since the tragedy, but I still believe it's to close to the actual date.

Thoughts?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

We weren't attacked by Islam on September 11th.

We were attacked by religious extremists who used their faith as an excuse to perpetuate violence and hate.

Obsessiforge likes this.
  3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

No I don't like it but I'm opposed to ANY day for any kinds of groups. I would be opposed to a "Christian Day" "Jewish Day"...are we going to have ethnic days also? How about "Hispanic Day", "Chinese Day"...how about we just have Six Flags open and people ride the amusement rides regardless of their religion or ethnicity?

4. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I used to own a few shares of Six Flags stock. From that perspective, this is the one of the dumbest thing they have ever done.
    Q1: Why?
    Q2: Why not June 2, August 12...Any day other than 9/11 or 9/12?

5. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Why just a Muslim day?

Is there something special about Muslims their own day at six flags? Do they have a day for every religion or are they just promoting one?

6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I agree with everything everyone has said so far. I do not believe any ethnic/religious group should have a day. "Black History Month," "Muslim Day," quite frankly things that aren't really needed. I consider flat out lazy to just appoint a day or week or month of the year to appreciate something. All cultures should be equally appreciated, every day.

Not to mention, it doesn't make much sense to have a muslim day in such close proximity to the anniversary of the most tragic event ever affiliated with the Muslim world..... Why not any other day of the year? Not very bright.....

7. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

I think something needs to be understood here: 9/11 is the day that carries with it the most anti-Muslim sentiment in the minds of the public out of any day of the year. I think that having the day after it represent understanding and appreciation for the faith and culture of those unfairly prejudged the day AFTER the anniversary of the event that marked their downfall in the eyes of the western world is an admirable way to combat that prejudice.

Tucker likes this.
  8. EasySkanking

EasySkanking Registered Member

For some reason Muslims think they should have a special day just for them. I have nothing against Muslims, I have several Muslim friends...
    But it seems the older end/more serious Muslims try to constantly promote it and think they are superior. Even a Muslim friend of mine agrees that the more extremist Muslims think they ARE superior.

9. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

This is a part of every religion.

This.

You are the ones associating it with Islam as a whole. I'm not sure why mainstream Islam needs to prove its innocence.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I agree with CO. Can you image a "White Day". Talk about the NAACP, Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson jumping out of their skin. They'll have a field day with that one. And, with that, there is no difference between that and "Black Day" and "Christian Day" and "Muslim Day".

There shouldn't be any 'special day' to cater to one group of people. Heck, can you imagine a bunch of whities cutting in front of line because it's 'their day'. Yeah, that will go down well. =P