Musicals or Drama?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Which one do you prefer? The catchy Broadway musicals or the dense and complex world of drama?

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
OOOOOOOO, why must I choose between them? Well, so far I would have to go with musical. Ones like The Producers, Phantom of the Opera, Chicago and more can relaly have you at the edge of your seat either laughing or just stunned how well the production plays out. Dramas are nice but too much of it can be a bore.

~Shwa'

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
I'm a musical lover myself. I'd say my favorite modern day musical has to be Cats.

Hoosier.
Thats suppose to be one of the most famous musicals out there, sold out and everything like RENT and Phantom, but I don't find it interesting. I've never seen it because it doesn't peek my interest much. Can you tell me how it is?

~Shwa'

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Cats is full of energy, Shwa. As a dancer I know you'd flip over it. I saw it on Broadway and the scenes, the music, the dancing, the entire production was nothing short of captivating.

Hoosier.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I posed the question to provoke discussion, I do love both though I have preference to drama.

I saw the Lion King in London, utterly stunning in terms of costume, art direction, and musical harmony. It was fantastic, with a nice organic yet epic feel to it that made it feel real, yet didn't sacrifice the depth that the movie had.

As for drama, I see them all the time, the Importance of Being Earnest is a favorite, as was a rendition of the Phantom Toolbooth I saw a great many years ago. Both were clever and colorful, I love when they can get verbal interchanges go that are sharp and witty, yet lucid enough to make everyone aware of the plot.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I'm not really into theater, but if I had to choose one, I'd go with musical.

I prefer not to have to be too engaged. I think I would be able to actually enjoy a musical more.

It really is a tough question. I really like musicals as well as dramas.

I like Urinetown, it's an interesting comedy/drama musical. I actually just saw it last week, and I was rather impressed. I also LOVE cats. Jekyll and Hyde is always a good one, footloose is a decent musical, Phantom of the Opera is a must.

What else? I love to be engaged, but I also like to be entertained...hm...

Let's go with Dramusicals.