Music

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Vidic15, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

While you guys work out, do you listen to music?

When I lift, I don't because somehow, the music distracts me and I can't do stuff properly. But when I run I listen to music, because it relaxes me and I forget about the other stuff.

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I listen to either loud, angry music, or music that is very focusing, like something with a constant beat, and no singing. Music makes me work harder, especially when I'm alone.

3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree, I listen to Lil' Jon, Mindless Self-Indulgence, Metallica and a variety of genres that are loud, aggressive or just have a fast pace beat. Besides that I stick with Daft Punk or whatever's on my playlists. Here's what I currently have on my "OMG it the Work-Out Mix" on my iPod:

The New Workout Plan - Kanye West
    We Run This - Missy Elliot
    Promiscuous Girl - Nelly Furtado
    Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child
    Faggot - Mindless Self Indulgence
    Chop Suey - System of the Down
    Let The Bodies Hit The Floor - Rob ZOmbie
    What You Gon Do? - Lil Jon
    Lets Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez
    Aminal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
    I Got Life - Mercy Falls
    Down With the Sickness - Disturbed
    U + Ur Hands - P!nk
    Coming Undone - Korn
    Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It - Dem Franchize Boyz
    Human After All - Daft Punk
    Around The World - Daft Punk
    Sexual - Amber
    and more....

~Shwa'

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

When I lift I totally do. Not when I run though, I'm scared that my cleavage isn't big enough to hold my iPod while I run. I really don't want it to fall out and break.

I've been thinking about buying those armbands Apple has for iPods for when you run.

I just listen to whatever interests me. Like lately it's been David Guetta, Aly & AJ, and a little Good Charolette.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Can't listen to music otherwise I'll be counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4......

I've never tried listening to music while running though.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I can listen to music while running outside but on a treadmill I need the tv.

Never listen to music when lifting. I found wearing the headphones distracting...

7. Well, I would. I never really work out, though, I don't really need to. I'm not overweight, just a slim build. Hahah. I mean, I always plan to, but I never get around to it.

Anyway, yeah, music is what makes me want to do things, so I defintely would listen to it while working out.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

LOL ill give you rep for this post. It made me laugh.

9. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

I like to listen to music when I work out, but I can't just be any music. Like others have said, it needs to be something constant because you're lifting/running at a pace. If you're listening to music with a tempo changing all the time, it's going to fuck your rhythm up.

For me, the music is better when it's coming from a stereo. I hate when I have headphones on and my ears get all sweaty and nasty while I have them in.

10. Gotta have it doing cardio. Gives me something to think about besides how long I've been sitting on the damn bike. I like to keep my headphones on while lifting too because I hate most of the music they play at the gym.