• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Videos or..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When you listen to a song do you enjoy it more if you listen to it while watching a music video or it doesn't really matter?

Some of these musicians put a lot of work in music videos. Some of them are really well done, top of the line type of stuff and some of them are just plain stupid and crappy.

For me, 90% of them I rather listen to a song while watching the music video. It just makes the song more enjoyable to me. Some of them you see some dance routines or them telling a story which I find really fascinating.

What about you guys?

Impact

V.I.P.
When I first listen to a song, i'll make sure I watch the music video with it, if it has one. After that, I generally just listen to the song whilst doing something else unless it has a really amazing video, or someone perv worthy to look at :p

I really enjoy bands that make videos to songs which is footage from their tours. I know a lot of people don't like them because it's not a story or whatever, but I really like seeing some of the crazy shit they get up to.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I prefer to just listen to the song. Sometimes music videos are well done, so I try to watch. There was a point though when they do a lot of "story" on the video and they either have lots of convoersations before or even in between the song (they cut the song to put in a dialogue!) --- I didn't like that.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, it annoys me when they have conversations or other noises from the video cut into the song. I prefer the video to be a silent story, or a visual representation of the song. Then you have videos that obviously don't go with the song, and that annoys me too.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah, it annoys me when they have conversations or other noises from the video cut into the song. I prefer the video to be a silent story, or a visual representation of the song. Then you have videos that obviously don't go with the song, and that annoys me too.

HAHA, yeah those that make you go "wut"?

I remember being really disappointed with Gives You Hell video of the All American Rejects. I loved the song. When I heard they were going to release its video, I had high expectations. Blah. Maybe sometimes it's better to just listen and leave the visual to our imagination.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't care about music videos. When I lived with my parents we never had any music channels so all I had was the radio and my tapes/CD's. I've always been used to listening rather than watching too.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The only music videos I watch anymore are on Youtube. I'm more interested in the song than the video though. A lot of the time I'll just let the song play in the background while I'm doing something else, so I don't bother watching the videos.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I watch the videos when I'm looking for certain songs on YouTube. I used to watch them on TV when I was in my early or mid teens but that was when one could still find music videos on TV for music that was relevant to me.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Nowadays I hardly watch any music videos. I don't have the nerve to sit there and watch the video. If there's any music video I look for then I search on Youtube but this happens very rarely.
Music is more important to me. Unfortunately, singers today put much unneeded effort on music videos rather than on the music itself.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Nowadays I hardly watch any music videos. I don't have the nerve to sit there and watch the video. If there's any music video I look for then I search on Youtube but this happens very rarely.
Music is more important to me. Unfortunately, singers today put much unneeded effort on music videos rather than on the music itself.
I'd have to agree with ya there, when I was little and technology wasn't so stellar I would have to watch music videos to listen to songs, which wasn't bad or anything. But nowadays I just listen to the music or hear it on the radio. I wouldn't mind eventually seeing the music video to the song thought, they still have the ability to catch the listeners attention.

~Shwa

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Doc Music 17
sunrise Music 16
sunrise Music 3
Babe_Ruth Music 5
Kanji Music 2