Music Themed Party

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

On Sunday my parents are hosting the Purim get together, which includes a lot to eat, a lot to drink (alcohol - you are obliged to get drunk) and a costume theme. This year it's Music.

I need ideas! Help!

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you have a favourite band or artist that has a very distinct style? Dress up as them.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

What Imp said. Though, would you rather dress like that (as a specific artist) or something a little more.. general? Like, a music note or something. You could just get a white t-shirt and draw black music notes/sheets on it, or you be really creative with it. I suppose it depends on how much effort you want to put in.

4. Boredie

Simple, and not necessarily an artist, it can be anything to do with music. Like Bex said, notes, instruments, and things to do with music.

And to answer your question Impact, there isn't a band that I like who has a distinct style

5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

What about just a certain genre, or get people to dress up in their favorite genre.

6. Boredie

You mean like Jazz, classical, etc?

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah could be anything, rock, jazz, country, metal, classic, all that kind of stuff, or maybe people could do a mix between them, that would be something different.

8. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

First off I'd like to say that this is a great holiday.

Second, if people are drunk I don't think they'll really care which type of music is playing.

But with that being said, I don't think you can go wrong with 80's;

Def Leppard
    Cars
    ACDC
    Guns N Roses
    Kim Mitchell
    Duran Duran

And many more. I would mention Michael Jackson but i know your not a fan.

10. Boredie

BR, It's not what music is being played, Music is the theme...