• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Recommendations Thread

Impact

V.I.P.
So, qweerblue sparked this idea in the 'What are you listening to now' thread when she posted Lupe's side project, Japanese Cartoon.

Post a genre, or a song that you want something similar to, and hopefully someone will post recommendations. You can come in at any time ask for recommendations, even if someone has already asked. No need to wait for your turn to come up, and you don't have to suggest something either, if you can't think of anything.

So, I want some new metalcore to listen to. Something like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Bullet for my Valentine etc. Also, if anyone knows any drumstep songs or artists that would be great too, as i'm having trouble finding any. By drumstep, I mean something like this:

YouTube - Pendulum - Witchcraft (Rob Swire's drum-step mix)

Drumstep definition:

Drumstep (or a dark-toned, half-time version of drum and bass. Nowadays, it is mostly dubstep influenced.)
In simple terms: dnb speed dubstep.

Salochin

Registered Member
I can't really think of anything off the top of my head, but i did listen to Witchcraft and I loved it. I may have to get a list of bands off you because that song was awesome

I really like Us by Regina Spektor and Merry Happy by Kate Nash if anyone has any reccomendations

Dekzper

Registered Member
Impact,
I'd def like to help but you're my go for metal, lol. But omg, Pendulum is soooo versatile!

I'm looking for Schranz. It's a European hard-style of techno.
For anyone curious about techno, it's a mix of European electro and house with dark futuristic themes.
If anyone knows any Schranz DJ's, please lmk. :) Thanks!

Falsesigh

Registered Member
Wow, the people here are way too cool, I don't know if you'd consider listening to Tokio Hotel's songs. Their my favorite band. It's because of them I started listening to Western contemporary music.

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't know if you'd consider it Metalcore, but a good band that's like Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu etc. is Sixx:A.M.

YouTube - ‪Sixx:A.M. - "Life Is Beautiful" Eleven Seven Music‬‏

Also a band you may like.. it's iffy for some people.. Alexisonfire.

YouTube - ‪alexisonfire-this could be anywhere in the world‬‏
Thanks Bob. Already a big Sixx. A.M fan :D Haven't tried Alexisonfire, heard of them but never listened so i'll check them out.

I'll try and think of some recs for the rest of you. Back when I have some