Music Production

JohnR

Registered Member
Hello.

I was just wondering, am I the only one on this forum that produces music? Music. I love it. I couldn't live with out it. I make it. I get such a kick out of making music. I've been making music for a little over a year and a half right now and I'm only getting better.

So basically I'm asking is there anyone else here that produces music?

- John Rice

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would love to get into this, but right now I don't have time to learn to play an instrument. However, I have used a program called Cakewalk in the past and I did manage to create some decent stuff on that.

It's hard to become good without devoting all of your time to it though. If you are amazing though, you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. I worked with a guy in L.A. who does console and pc videogame music and sound effects for a living (as well as some movies) and his prices for commercial stuff were very impressive. He is one of the best I've heard in fact and he has several awards to his name. :)

JohnR

Registered Member
Wow. I currently dont play an instrument either. Its all computer-based. But sounds like the guy you worked with is awesome. It would be nice to get there one day. I user Propellerhead Reason for my workings and it works wonders.

sweet_mayhem

Registered Member
Hello.

I was just wondering, am I the only one on this forum that produces music? Music. I love it. I couldn't live with out it. I make it. I get such a kick out of making music. I've been making music for a little over a year and a half right now and I'm only getting better.

So basically I'm asking is there anyone else here that produces music?

- John Rice

wow, more than a year of producing music. you must be good, john r. my friend is into producing music, too, but i don't know how he does it through the computer. i have to ask him, though, so i could share with you. what kind of music have you produced so far?