• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music or Film

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I have no idea where to put this... A mod may move this to its appropriate home if need be.
It's a simple premise.

Which do you prefer? Perhaps if you had to go without one, or the other.
Would you rather have:
Films (the films may contain their music)
or
Music (in general)

Which could you not do without? Are you too much of a film buff to do without them, or too much of a music freak to do without that?

For me it's music... I couldn't function without it...

How about you?
Make your mind up.
Discuss generally.

Dabs

Registered Member
I like my music, it's the first thing I concern myself when I start my car. Before I turn on the defrosters or any other thing, the CD must be playing. I could live without watching movies, films, anything on Tv. But I really enjoy having music.

Impact

V.I.P.
Pretty easy for me. I would go stir crazy without music. Even if I just go by posts on GF, i'm way more active in the music section... but more in general, music has helped me through some pretty tough times. Plus, giving up movies, I still have tv shows and gaming for entertainment. Giving up music...well there really isn't a replacement.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm not sure, actually. Not hugely crazy about either in general, yet there are a handful of songs and a handful of movies that I wouldn't want to be without. I go through phases with both. Right now, I don't remember the last time I had music playing in the background of whatever I'm doing.

So I think right now, I may actually prefer films. But in the long run I'd regret not picking music.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I could live without either. I think I prefer films though. They can bring out every emotion in me and I find them more compelling and more entertaining. Music is more just something for me to listen to while I'm doing other things, like working out, sitting at the computer, or driving, etc.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I could go without movies far easier than I could go without music. I always have music on in the car unless I have a passenger. I hardly ever watch movies anymore because it seems like I never have an hour and a half to two hours to dedicate to doing just one thing. I like movies, but I can do without them. There's no way I could do without music.

dDave

V.I.P.
I could live without either. I think I prefer films though. They can bring out every emotion in me and I find them more compelling and more entertaining. Music is more just something for me to listen to while I'm doing other things, like working out, sitting at the computer, or driving, etc.
This.

I typically listen to music when I'm on the computer or driving in the car, actually don't listen to music when I work out. But you just can't beat movies.

Plus who said that we couldn't listen to movies right?:nod:

Bliss

Sally Twit
It'd be a tough decision but I think I'd give up music for films. I don't watch TV at all any more. I stick in a DVD and that is my entertainment. I do love music and I listen to it every single day but I get so much more out of a great film than I do a great song.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Films over music for me. I like music, but I LOVE films. And when I think about it, most of the music that I listen to is film scores/ soundtracks etc. So even my general music listening is film-based. So yeah, as a crazy movie-obsessed person I couldn't imagine going without.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, I uh, I don't know which to pick. I kind of go through phases in which I'll watch a lot of movies and then other times I'm obsessed with music. I suppose overall I listen to music more because I have it on everyday while coming to and from work.

There is music in films though so maybe if I gave up music I'd still get a little bit of it in some films? Yeah, that's what I'll go with on this impossible question :lol: