• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music on your Blackberry

Iris

rainbow 11!
I am trying to put music on my Blackberry Torch, I hooked it up, set up a sync name thing (using windows media player), created a sync list and mashed the sync button. It went through it's usual routine of syncing and yet, when I go into my phone to actually find the music files, nothing is there!

???

(Also, Sophie, if you come in here and say that it's because I don't have an Android, I will kick you in the FACE.)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
No need to kick anyones faces... I'm too busy listening to all the albums that synced perfectly onto my Android HTC Legend :D

Iris

rainbow 11!
I figured it out! It was user error, SOPHIE. So don't look so smug... WMP made three device sync things and I just synced it to the wrong one, once I found the media card one, everything was smooth.

Even if that is just as bad as the blackberry failing.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
User error? I forgot that those existed on phones as it has been so long since I've encountered one.

Iris

rainbow 11!
User error being it was my fault. lol that I fail.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha, I was meaning more any error at all. By the way you failed at getting me out of class with your gaids. I'm currently sitting in class now.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a fairly lame Blackberry (Flip) and it works perfectly for listening to music. I don't even use my iPod anymore. I have had some sync troubles in the past though. Mostly my PC not recognizing the phone when it's hooked up, but eventually it works.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I used to listen to music on my Blackberry 8900 before I got a iPod touch and I did like it. When I did this though I very rarely used any kind of sync technology. Most have probably seen it but I bought a Kingston Memory Card reader pictured below. You can slide the memory card into it and what I tended to do was just put it into my pc, move the music over, the Blackberry would pick up the music and it worked almost always, they are not expensive and think this is the best way to do it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I listen to music on my BB. My set up isn't complicated. I just plug my BB on the computer (I don't even have those deskto apps installed so I don't use any other application except Windows Explorer) and it reads like a usb key - then I transfer music from my computer to the BB folder under music.

Oh just make sure that in your phone Options, Memory section, you have "mass storage mode support" on and auto enable mass storage mode when connected. I think if you don' thave that, then your computer won't be able to read your phone files like a usb key (you need to go through the apps).

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I jsut have the old Blackberry Curve. And all I did was move files from my iTunes folder on my laptop (Copied...not cut) to the Blackberry while I was plugged in via USB.

I didnt wanna worry about Sync'ing or anythign so I just did that. 90% of the time it worked. The only times it didnt work was when I tried to move some of my older albums that still had the old iTunes DRM crap attached to it.