Music Favorites in Wrestling

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

This kind of sparked my curiosity for a discussion...

Music is a big deal in wrestling, it can set a mood, elevate intensity, arouse anger, etc.

Basically, I'm wondering what everyone's favorites are in music for the WWE and TNA. Kind of like so:

1. Favorite Wrestling Show Intro music of all time:

2. Current Favorite Wrestling Show Intro music:

3. Favorite entrance theme of all time (pick 1, please):

4. Current favorites (entrance themes):

Include any other thoughts you have about music in wrestling, and discuss! :cool:

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I think they have a guy who does the music, and in that case he's doing an excellent job.

I really loved the video packages back in the 90s during the Attitude Era, man oh man, the music was just spot on and intense, it really did a number on the promo.

I really love the current one for RAW, it's really kick ass, and definitely gets you pumped. I'd have to go with the current one for RAW.

Same as number 1.

IF YA SMELLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK...IS COOKING!?! Love the saxophone solo in that song, and the guitar solo is awesome as well.

John Cena's entrance theme

Batistas Entrance theme

Triple H's entrance theme

3. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

My favorite: The last one they used for ECW, it got me rather excited for the show.

Best theme that is currently on: As much as I hate the band I'll say that one for RAW as it works well.

Favorite: I would have to say CM punks current theme, it is the only reason why I really watch his entrance.

Current Favorites:
    Christians
    CM Punk
    Edge's
    Ezekiel (I think that's how it's spelled) Jackson's

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Gotta Be the classic Smackdown theme... Brings me back! :D

YouTube - WWF Smackdown Original Theme

After looking throguh all the current themes i think the new Smackdown one the coolest going at the moment.

After much deliberation... gotta go with Goldust. Nice sudden opening, awesome tune, it's very unique and it suits the character perfectly!
    YouTube - Goldust-Theme song

4. Current favorites (entrance themes)

Two of my favourite themes right now are Pope D'Angelo Dinero, for the same reasons as Goldust, and The Beautiful People. Cus it's an awesome tune, and the = girls always look so good making their entrance to it! :p

YouTube - "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero Official Theme - "Catholi-Funk" + Titantron Loop
    YouTube - The Beautiful People Theme Song (HQ & Full)

My favourite WWE theme at the moment is probably Jack Swagger.

5. Unity

1. Favorite Wrestling Show Intro music of all time: RAW intro "Across the Nation" by The Union Underground...so awesome, got me fired up for RAW every week.

2. Current Favorite Wrestling Show Intro music: WWE Superstars theme "Invincible." Best in the biz right now! I'm surprised it's not being used as RAW or SD's theme...it's played at some Blues games right as they start, and it gets you fired up!!

3. Favorite entrance theme of all time (pick 1, please): I'm going to go with X-Pac's WWE theme...I just loved this spin on the DX music, the slower, bass-heavy beat, the rapping. So awesome. It was tough not to pick Randy Orton's older theme.

--Jeff Hardy's TNA theme is really addictive for me right now, it's him singing it...even though his voice sucks, the theme just works.
    --Current RVD theme in TNA really does a great job of representing Rob's personality.
    --The Pope D'Angelo Dinero's theme: LOOK IT UP!
    --Randy Orton's current theme.

(I'm sure I'll think of more, lol).
    ------
    I came soooo close to including the Beautiful People song in mine...it's freaking awesome, wooly! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. The guitar is hypnotic, and the voice in the background just ups the cool factor.

And you're right about the girls! :D

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  6. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not sure about the others because I haven't watched wrestling shows in a long time, but my favourite entrance of all time has to be Triple H's music. I mean, seriously. How awesome is this song? It's by Motorhead, for Chrissake. I have this song downloaded and I love it.

For those who haven't heard this fucking AWESOME song: Motorhead - The Game

7. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Good one for sure, Chaos. The King of Kings song by Motorhead is also awesome.

I always loved Edge's, Orton's, Austin's, etc. The entrance themes are huge for wrestlers. Gives them an identity.

TNA wise I like AJ Styles' alot.

Chaos likes this.
  8. Unity

You're definitely right, Chaos. Motorhead's wrestling themes are just freakin amazing. I agree with Millz in that I'm a huge fan of the King of Kings song that HHH sometimes uses. I wish he'd change his theme to that full-time. Here it is:

YouTube - Motorhead - King of Kings

Yeah Styles' music has always ruled. The current version with rap is great. I'm also a big fan of this version:

YouTube - AJ Styles Theme (Old Theme)

9. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Currently? Orton, Sheamus and Edge have my favorite entrances. I also have a soft spot for Cena's, not sure why, probably because I'm a huge rap fan. And Triple H's has been a favorite ever since he started using it.

10. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime