• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Draft 2010 - Official Thread

Impact

V.I.P.
Okay here it is.

How it works
Everyone takes it in turns to post a different band/artist that they enjoy, in the order I will post below. We each pick 10 bands total and then when finished, we put it to a poll and the members of GF vote for their favourite list.

Rules
I'm changing things up a little from last year. Instead of just posting a picture of the band/artist and a reason you like them, you also have to post your favourite song by them.

Instead of moving up and down the list snake style, when we reach the end, we go straight back to the first person on the list. This eliminates the first and last person getting two picks in a row, which I thought was unfair in all the other drafts.

Once you have chosen your pick, PM or VM the next person in the list so they know it's their turn. You have 24 hours from the time of the previous persons post to make your turn or you will be skipped. If you start holding things up more than once then you will be dropped from the draft as last time it was ruined by this.

Obviously you cannot choose an artist that someone else has already picked.

The Order

This is the order that I randomized using Random.org. Guess you're just going to trust me that I didn't organize it to certain members advantage

Kibi
Kanji
Impact
Babe_Ruth
Shwa
dekzper
Altanzitarron
xBubblesx
Millz
Konshentz

So once we make it down to Konshentz, it will go back to Kibi.

I will be posting another thread with a list that i'll keep updated of everything that has been picked already.

Hopefully you pick this up as we go along, but if there are any questions make sure to ask in here. I'll PM you all now to let you know this thing is rolling.

Oh, could we get a mod to sticky this please?

EDIT: Here's the pick list...save you all two seconds of your life trying to find it Music Draft 2010 - Picks List

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll sticky it, and I'll need to help you out with the editing of the list, after a while regular members cannot edit a thread anymore. So just let me know when you lose your previlidges and me and Millz will help out.

Good luck to everyone, let's try to make this work smoothly, and no long delay between picks.

I just wanted to add to Impact rules, please state a reason why you enjoy this band so much. We don't want this to turn into a spam fest or anything of that nature.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Awesome, lets kick it off. Come on Kibster! I think I already have my 10 listed. Nobody better take 'em :shifteyes:

Kanji

Registered Member
I know I already got my 10 picked out. I just need to come up with a few subs and figure out what I want to say about each band and so forth. This should be fun.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Ahhh, come on. Snake style would work great for me. Haha. I have a feeling a few of my picks will get me eliminated from contention early on. Ha.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I'm def ready! :nod: I've got my 10 picks and backups ready. Where's Kibi? Def needa get this thing going now! :D

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, Kibi knows this is up, but I think she was a little too drunk to post last night. :lol:

I too have 10 picks ready, as well as a good couple back ups. Just trying to decide which ones need to get posted first and who's gonna steal what. Last year was a bitch, so many bands I wanted got stolen haha
------
Ahhh, come on. Snake style would work great for me. Haha. I have a feeling a few of my picks will get me eliminated from contention early on. Ha.
I just think it's more fair this way. Each person has to wait less time before their turn and no doubling up.

Last edited:

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Greenday :)

This band didn't really make an impact on me until 2005. But when they did I LOVED them. I love their style and the passion they put in the songs. Most of all when I needed music most in my life I found Greenday!

YouTube - Green Day - Basket Case (Video Version)

Basketcase is my favourite song. I think most people can relate to the lyrics and the tune is EPIC <3

Kanji

Registered Member
The Shanghai Restoration Project

How I found out about this project is through an email I got from a record label and I've loved this music ever since. I bought the first album on cd so early on that the producer actually signed it before it was sent to me.

Wikipedia said:
The Shanghai Restoration Project is a contemporary electronic music group formed by Chinese American producer Dave Liang. The group's first eponymous release, inspired by the Shanghai jazz bands of the 1930s, combines traditional Chinese instruments with modern hip-hop and electronica.
My favorite song: The Shanghai Restoration Project- The Last Night Of The Dynasty

YouTube - The Shanghai Restoration Project- The Last Night Of The Dynasty

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Okay, after careful debate of who was gonna steal what, I decided to go with a band i've been listening to years, but who only recently became one of my favourites.

Avenged Sevenfold

It's hard to explain why I love these guys so much. Johnny's amazing bass lines, and The Revs sick drumming are part of it, but I think what makes it for me are Syn's crazy guitar solos. Shadows voice is unique too, and if they had any other singer I probably wouldn't be as big a fan. I can't wait to get an opportunity to see them live if they carry on after this album. Such a shame they lost their drummer. (RIP The Rev) Plus they do an amazing cover of Walk by Pantera...another band who are just freaking epic.

Also, really hard to pick a favourite song by them, but this one ranks up there.

YouTube - Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife (Video)

EDIT: Oh and it helps that Syn is sexy as fuck :lol:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 24
Impact Music 0
Impact Music 124
Impact Music 5
Impact Music 30