Music and personality

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bjarki, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Any thoughts? Do you fit in?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008

2. agphoenix

agphoenix Everything goes.

Looking at that I'm a schizo!

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

From the list, I often listen to several:

JAZZ High self-esteem, creative, outgoing and at ease
    CLASSICAL MUSIC High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease
    DANCE Creative, outgoing, not gentle
    ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease
    CHART POP High self-esteem, not creative, hardworking, outgoing, gentle, not at ease
    SOUL High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle, at ease

:hmm:

Whatever low self-esteem that rock music gave me has been balanced by the other music. Same thing with "not gentle" (soul and chartpop balances dance). :lol:

I noticed that RAP (oh, and country/western) music doesn't have "creative" on the personality description. The ones I know who listen to rap are usually creative.

Maybe the result will be more interesting for someone who listens mostly to one type of music.

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I Definitely did not fit into the ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease.

Nope not me at all..But then again i also listen to classical,Electronic,Rave,Techno,Classic rock,Blues,Jazz. Everything but country and rap or hip hop.

So what does that make me? I a Mutant!!!

5. Mason

Mason phawq

This study is a load of shit, IMO. Not very accurate, especially with people who have very open tastes.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's just another way to try and categorize people. It works in general ways, but not very well overall.

7. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

The problem with Rock & metal is the variety in subgenres I think. Someone who listens to Classic Rock is totally different from someone who listens to extreme Metal.

As a whole I think the description is somewhat suiting in my case. First comes Rock & Metal, second comes Classical. Creative, gentle, introvert, at ease are things that apply to me.

8. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

Well there's way to many styles that I actually fit into so I think that that's just way to random for me. Besides when your a Musician you have to like a lot of style to be really diverse and have a good sense of musicality for instance what they said about Rock there are a number of traits that apply to me but there are some that just don't

9. vampirebloom

vampirebloom Registered Member

ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

i think that sums me up... well i do work hard.. ish

10. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

JAZZ High self-esteem, creative, outgoing and at ease
    CLASSICAL MUSIC High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease

I have ok self esteem, ok probably low... but I have reason. :mad: lol Anyways, I guess you could also say I'm creative, I'm pretty outgoing, really not at ease, I work hard when I see fit, and gentle? I don't know. I guess I am gentle. I never really hurt anybody or anything. XD