• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mushroom Curry

Saffy

Registered Member
This is delicious and very low cal:nod:

mushroom curry

Ingredients

2 sliced medium onions
300 g of mixed mushrooms thickly sliced or halved (i tend to use more, about 400-500g)
2 crushed garlic cloves
2/3 teaspoons of medium strength curry powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds (i just use cround cumin to be honest cos its whats in the cupboard)
3/4 tablespoons of tomato puree
4 to 6 tablespoons of low fat plain bio yogurt
salt n pepper to taste

Method
big pan, bit of oil, gently stirfry the onions for about 8 mins til soft but do not burn!
add all the other ingrediants and heat gently til simmering...........cover with lid and cook for 10 mins...........stir every few mins
remove lid and cook for 2/3 mins to reduce/thicken sauce
season and serve
nice with rice and a nan bread

Just use hot curry powder or add a fresh chill or some cayenne pepper if you want it hotter. Dont be tempted to add more liquid as the mushrooms release a lot of juices after a few mins cooking:D

Impact

V.I.P.
That actually sounds pretty tasty. I love mushrooms, so I may have to try that next time the groceries come in. Good to see you back and posting recipes, btw

Starfire86

Registered Member
Mmmm...I love curry! And I love making "exotic" foods, so I'll have to give this one a try.