• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mushi-Shi

Shwa

V.I.P.
So I recently started watching this anime called Mushi-Shi on Netflix, and just have to say it got me after the first couple of episodes. It's kinda hard to describe what the shows really about since there is no main story line, just small stories of the main characters travels and finds. Here's a small synopsis of the anime:

"The story features ubiquitous creatures called Mushi that often display supernatural powers. Mushi are described as beings in touch with the essence of life, far more basic and pure than normal living things. Due to their ethereal nature most humans are incapable of perceiving Mushi and are oblivious to their existence, but there are a few who possess the ability to see and interact with Mushi.
One such person is Ginko (ギンコ?), the main character of the series. He employs himself as a Mushi master (蟲師, mushi-shi?), traveling from place to place to research Mushi and aid people suffering from problems caused by them. The series is an episodic anthology in which the only common elements among episodes are Ginko and the various types of Mushi. There is no over-arching plotline."

I like it so far, I've wondered if anyone else has seen this anime yet. It's based off it's manga comic books, so maybe others have read it before it hit the television.

~Shwa

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Oh yes, I noticed it was on stream as well. I actually never finished the series (yet) but I did have it prior to it being on stream. I will be finishing off the remaining episodes soon, I just have not been in the mood lately.

It's definitely amongst my top 10 though.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Agreed, Im still watching the anime (took a break for a while), but I like how each story is different on the people's lives and what the Mushi does to help or mess it up. This anime is very interesting indeed, but I think I'm almost done. I would definitely recommend this one to any anime buff.

~Shwa