• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Museum opens $85 million dinosaur hall

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yahoo News...HOUSTON (AP) — Pups in her womb, a large eye visible behind the rib cage, one baby stuck in the birth canal: all fossilized evidence that this ancient marine beast, the Ichthyosaur, died in childbirth.

Houston museum unveils $85 million dinosaur hall
This sounds like a great exhibit, I would love to see it. I was in the Denver museum several years ago and I got to stand next to a T Rex head and other large animals. Standing next to one is a lot different than just looking at a picture, they are so big. Spent several hours in there looking.

I was wondering how many on here have been to a museum like this? If so what did you find the most interesting? Would you like to go?

Falconer

Registered Member
Wow. Definitely would love to see this!!

I went to the Natural History Museum in London last year, where they have a full-size adult T-rex skeleton in the entrance hall... that's a pretty impressive thing to walk in on, I'll tell you. The other cool long-past-history thing was a display about mammoths. They were about twice the size of elephants or something -- there wasn't a skeleton, as far as I recall, but a measuring stick that put things into perspective... I stood at the bottom of it and got a crick in my neck looking up, and up, and uuuupp to where the 'Mammoth To Here' marking was. (And then did the sensible thing and backpedalled to get some perspective. ;P) That was pretty amazing.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You just don't realize their massive size until you have stood next to one of their skeletons. A T Rex could swallow you up in one bite and would if it had the chance. Living with carnivorous dinosaurs would of been a dangerous existence.

ChaosHerald

Registered Member
Dinosaurs are a huge passion of mine, so I tried to visit the Natural History Museum in any city that I visited. I must say, the one in New York impressed me the most, even though the Viennese and London ones are nothing to scoff at either. Dinosaurs are really magnificent, and it's hard to imagine that animals as huge as these once walked the Earth. And, like you said, itÄs hard to imagine how big they really were if you never stood next to one. And yes, an exhibit like this is definetly something to look at!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well Houstons just been added to my list of 'must visit' places. I love museums, galleries and exhibition of almost any kind. Combine that will my love of dinosaurs and this is a winner for me! I wish it wasn't so far away.

Radium

Registered Member
Which museum in Houston is this? Something that might be worth a trip to the next time I'm in Houston.