Murdered for being different

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Tucker, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Almost everyone agrees that even if you are against transgendered people (or other alternative lifestyles), that doesn't excuse murder. You'll find few, if any, people on GF who think it's okay.

You seem to be fishing for something you won't find.

3. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

I have to say, I kind of take offense to the idea that you might really believe that just because someone is either frightened or intimidated by these people (as many in this forum are), they would find it grounds to justify murder.

I won't neg, mostly because I've seen the comments you refer to, but it was close... :sick:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

You may have prayer and talks as a righteous person, but murder is just hypocritical to what most believe in.

I wish her family and friends the best.

5. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

Obviously, I'm not going to defend that in any way, shape or form.
    Just wanted to express my disgust at what this vile excuse for a human being has done.
    My thoughts and condolences go out to Latieshas' family and friends.

So sad. :cry:

6. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Something like that would surely happen here where I live... In the state that voted most conservative in the election. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that all conservatives are like that, surely some of them have some sense and have actually read the ten commandments, but it seems like some of them disregard them.

I don't mean to generalize on conservatives here, but I know that a lot of them around where I live are not very open to such a thing, and in the mix of so many there have to be quite a few people who would go completely out of line (as if hatred in the first place isn't out of line.) and kill somebody over it.

I'm just hoping that someday society will stop looking down upon it so much. I know that prejudices never go away, I just hope the level goes down a lot.

I know I've been very lucky to find friends and a girlfriend that are accepting... In fact, I'd go as far as to say too lucky. Way too lucky for me. :shocked:

I would honestly hope that nobody around here would even begin to think that this is justified in any way... If anybody does, than I can not have any respect for such a person. Sorry. Fortunately, I doubt anybody here is actually like that..

7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Yeah, humans are often hypocritical. And some of us are completely nuts. It's a human problem, not just a conservative problem.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The majority of the people being negative on GF were not showing fright or intimidation.. They were showing pure ignorance. Calling someone a freak and saying it's disgusting is just plain rude. The comments from people on GF were disgusting and it changed my views on some of the members here.

It's very sad news and my heart goes out to Latesha's family.

Wednesday likes this.
  9. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

For every action, there is some sort of catalyst --> Ignorance alone is not enough.

People (even stupid ones) are more complicated than just a bundle of random acts.

Generally, when one person attacks another (verbally, violently), it's because of things like fear, intimidation, desperation, etc.

Since verbally abusing people cannot satiate financial/survival needs, there are only a few reasons left.

10. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

Excellently said...

It is disgusting...and it is pure ignorance. Nothing more and nothing less.