• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Murder

Dabs

Registered Member
No, I haven't committed the ultimate sin.

Hypothetically speaking of course, see how you would answer the following.

First, the cast of characters, you have:
*Your spouse
*Your child
*Your neighbor
*Your parent
*Your boss
*Your best friend
*Your paper boy
*The person you hate the most

Here's the scene......you walk into your garage, and you find a murder has just taken place.
There is a dead body lying on the concrete floor, and the person who committed the murder is obviously just as shocked as you are.
They obviously did not mean to set out to kill this other person, but something happened, they killed someone, and then you walk in.
They immediately are freaking out, asking you to please help them.
The killer??....is one of the above characters I mentioned.
How would your answer be different for each character??
Or would it be??
Would you automatically turn any one of them into the police, no matter what??
Would you try and help them if they asked you to help conceal the evidence??
Could you easily turn in the most hated person??........and could you help hide everything if it were your child??
Tell us your thoughts~

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My answer is the same no matter who did it, including myself. I would report it to the police. I wouldn't cover up or tamper with any evidence. I would be as honest as I possibly could about what I witnessed.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've been a witness in court before and it's not a nice experience. It was not murder or anything close and I told the truth exactly as I saw it. I worked with the defendant and he asked me to lie for him. He said to me, "If this was your family I bet you'd lie for them!" and I told him I wouldn't. I got up and swore on the bible and I told the court what I saw that day.

If I ever had to be a witness, even in murder where a loved one was involved, I would have to tell the truth. It wouldn't matter how much it hurt me. I can't lie.

redroses

Registered Member
i wouldnt help any of them cover it up. i would try and convince them to turn themselves in, and to just tell the truth how it was an accident, if they wouldnt i would have to go to the police and tell them what i saw, i couldnt leave the body lying there after all lol

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
My answer would be the same for any person. First, I would leave immediately; panicking people love to do rash, impulsive, and stupid things. Pending that, I would shamelessly squeal away at the first opportunity available. I don't care what the circumstances were; I don't care what they did, or how angry they made you --> You've taken someone's life, and it needs to be resolved in court.

Granted, my reaction may be a bit different in the case of an accident or self-defense, but this thread did say murder.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
The thread title is murder, thus it's a deliberate thought out unlawful killing, but the facts scenario states "they obviously did mean to set out to kill this person" which isn't murder.

I don't know exactly what I would do unless specifically put in that situation.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
That'd be a difficult situation of course.
I can't tell what I'd do. I guess I'd have to tell the truth. If this person didn't commit a murder on purpose and if it happened accidentally, then why would this person want to hide this? So I'd tell the truth in both cases.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The thread title is murder, thus it's a deliberate thought out unlawful killing, but the facts scenario states "they obviously did mean to set out to kill this person" which isn't murder.
I'm inclined to think that it carries a different meaning when someone says "I didn't mean to kill them!" when they bumped into a wall of cinder blocks that fell on top of someone else, as opposed to when someone says "I didn't mean to kill them!" when they hit them over the head with a pipe because they were angry.

So I just took it to mean the latter in this case.

Dabs

Registered Member
I'm inclined to think that it carries a different meaning when someone says "I didn't mean to kill them!" when they bumped into a wall of cinder blocks that fell on top of someone else, as opposed to when someone says "I didn't mean to kill them!" when they hit them over the head with a pipe because they were angry.

You took it correctly Pretzel :)
I was meaning it as in.....they didn't premeditate the murder....it just happened in an unexpected sort of way, but the person who did the killing, knew he had killed someone, or was capable of it.
But, it's still murder....so the killer panics and wants to cover up his crime...and he wishes to have someone aid him........great responses :)

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.

I can understand that interpretation but that's still not murder. For it to be murder the killing would have to be intentional. If you strike someone with a pipe without the intent of killing them, then it's not murder.

Nevertheless, I most likely would not participate in the cover up of a crime.