• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Multiple deaths after shooting at college

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
We need smarter gun control. Period. I'm not saying people shouldn't get to own guns lawfully for protecting their family/property, hunting, etc., but laws need to be tons stricter for people to earn the ability to have something that can end so many lives so quickly. How many times does this have to happen before we change things?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's the cost of a free society.

Well, that's what it seems like America has decided. I'm practically numb to it at this point.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
On the news this morning they said he was targeting Christians. He asked them about their religion and if they said 'other' he would shoot them in the leg but if they said 'Christian' he shot them in the head.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Tragedy fact check: 165 times as many people were killed today by the U.S. medical system than died in the Umpqua Community College shooting
http://www.naturalnews.com/051394_Umpqua_Community_College_mass_shooting_medical_system_deaths.html
SHOOTER TAKEN OUT BY MEN WITH GUNS: Reportedly, 13 people have been killed in the campus shooting. Those deaths are tragic, to be clear, but many of them could have been directly prevented if Oregon allowed 21-year-olds who pass a background check and criminal history check to carry concealed firearms on campus... as has just been legalized across Texas. The Sheriff of Roseburg, Oregon, in fact, has just confirmed that the shooter was killed by men with guns, proving yet again that "good guys" with guns are capable of stopping "bad guys" with guns. (Concealed carry means "first responders" are citizens who are already on the scene when the shooting starts, ready to defend life and halt the active shooter.)

Umpqua Community College was specifically chosen by the shooter because it is a "gun-free" zone where no one is likely to shoot back, said former US Marshal Art Roderick. “[The gunman] probably knew that the facility was a gun free facility, [which is] an easy target for these kinds of coward individuals. They know they’re not going to get any response unless they happen to run into security or a campus police officer.”
Bad guys are always gonna get access to guns.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really liked President Obama's remarks last night. If you haven't had a chance to watch them yet, you should.