Multi-tasking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Jul 30, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Do you multitask? Does it come easy for you?
    Are you multitasking now?
    Do you get better results with it?

My answers:
    Yes, I multitask. It comes easy for me.

I'm multitasking now (most of the time I'm on the net, I do something else at the same time).

I feel I get more results with it but I'm not sure with "better". I also read recently how it's bad (even if it seems to be an asset to be able to do it).

2. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I don't enjoy multitasking, but I do it, mostly regarding different things I do on the pc, mixing work with pleasure. :D
    Till some point it is easy, but the more that needs to be done the more frustrated I become.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I'm usually pretty good at multitasking, so I do it all the time.

I remember at one time a while back I was doing all of these things at the same time.

Homework
    AIM
    GF
    Clean Room

it wasn't too difficult and i find things a lot less boring when you're not doing one specific thing for a long period of time, so multitasking is good for me.

4. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I can multi task, I can talk and piss people off at the same time.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Such a talent can be done by few but I can do that as well which prompted my most recent write up lol

6. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

i multitask all the time, mostly when on the computer cause everything is so slow i need muliple things going on to entertain me... like when im waiting for more people to post on GF i'll go on myspace or play games or something, always with music in the background.....

actually i've found i can only do homework when multitasking... weird huh?

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I do it all the time. I've written policies with a client sitting at my desk, while responding to a GF thread, and talking to an underwriter all at the same time.

I need to constantly be doing something, so multi-tasking is second nature to me.

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yeah, I do. When I'm at work I'll man the fry station, bag food, and occasionally take an order in the lobby when someone comes in.

At home I'll be in the arcade, talking to people on Y!M and AIM, while posting on GF.

When school starts, just throw homework into that mix.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Sample quote on the "dangers" of multitasking:

I guess it also depends on the task at hand. How important concentration is for the thing you're doing. Let's say, driving. When I drive, I want to focus as much as I can on driving (but yes, I talk or listen/sing to music). My sister does it too but it never bothers me except when she starts doing other stuff like putting on make up, phone calls, text messages....

10. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

There's a very big limit to being able to multitask. I think that I'll us a drving metaphor. Becuase when I'm driving I tend to only focus on that. I mean I can listen to Music and sing, if you call that multitasking but other stuff I'm just not good at really hammering down many things. I just like to do ne thing at a time. I'm fully capable of putting some extra cues on the menue but I just don't realyl see the point.