• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Muhammed

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Guess that, that is your image then, it does not have to be a face, someone can just as easily draw a picture of light shining then a face. Thus you are to worshiping the image you have in your head, regardless if you can understand that or not.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Well, you got to see something. Light is still something. If you manage to put light onto a piece of paper, I doubt people will abandon their teachings to worship light.

Malificus

Likes snow
If you deny the image you have of God, then you are not worshiping that image. If you know that whatever you think God looks like is wrong until you see him, you will deny every image you have of God, and just worship God and not what he looks like. Maybe a person's whole "image" is just the name and teachings. If your idea of God is the abstract idea of the name of God, that will be solid enough to worship, but will not be an image of the being.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Again, that counts as a damn IMAGE! Thus you are seeing something, thus you are basically worshiping what the image is in your head...which is a beam of light!

Malificus

Likes snow
How does a name make a beam of light or an image. Not everyone needs to think of what something looks like. You can worship something based purely on name, actions, and teachings. And as far as islam goes, it's like Judaism. Jews hold the name of God so highly, that they try to avoid writing it down, in case someone desicrated god's written name or in case they misspell it, same for saying God's name. So transfer that to God's image for Islam. If you misrepresent God, even if it's only by how he looks, it is an insult directly to him. You don't want to misrepresent the most holy being in existance who created everything, do you?

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Regardless of that people will still have some sort of image when the think of him, either letters, a face, a beam of light, etc. So they are still transfering God's image to something.

Malificus

Likes snow
A name does not make letters for an image to think of, that's just odd. A name does not give an image, it gives a focus. You can have an idea of God to focus on without an image, Teachings can be a focus, or the name like I keep reiterating. And image can also be a focus, but the image being something people will have made up (In the case of God), a name would be a much better focuys for worship. If It think of God I don't see the letrters G-O-D floating in a ray of light high in some clouds. I think of What he commands and teaches us, as well as his name. (Jesus is a different story because he was human and we know where he was from, there will be some things you can assume about his appearance, like he was most likely of a darker complexion and he was Jewish.)

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

You either think of the name itself, or you put a face, or image to go with it, basically anytime you think of something you do. When you are reading a book, you imagine the characters, the same applies with the Bible, or other religious texts. The point is you think of something when you think of God, which is basically the same thing.

Malificus

Likes snow
YOu seem to be confusing Focus with image. So if I say God, that isntantly brings the word god as an image? Who thinks of words as images? Focusing on the word 'God' isn't thinking the word 'God' as text, it's thinking it as a sound or idea. Even idea's of size or ability don't give a true concept of ideas,. Ifyou think of God as the Universe, you're now thinking of the Unuverse as a medium to think of god, unless you actually believe God looks like a universe. A focus is different than thiinking/saying "I believe God/Whatever/Whoever looks like this." A focus is not always an image.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

A lot of people think of words as images, when you are reading thats what you are doing, it doesnt have to be an image, it can be whatever you think, but the point is you still think of something when you read or think about God.