Muhammed

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Why do the people in the milddle east get so mad at all the cartoons being made of Muhammed? I mean Jesus and buda get made fun of all the time but we really dont do anything about it but when Muhammed is made fun of people get all pissed off. could someone tell me why they are so mad about these cartoons are they really that bad?

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Nobody else considers it blasphemous to visually represent their religious leaders. Even flattering images of Muhammad are offensive to them. You can only visually represent Muhammad if you obscure his face, and do it in a purely historical sense, you can't show him as holy.

People also drew Allah, which was even bigger. In Islam, you can never visually represent a supernatural being, especially not a divine one. In other words, no drawing God ever.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, the Danish had printed a comic depicting Muhhamed and that pissed those middle-easterners off. But that wasn't when the problem started. The problem started when a Danish minister walked around with it and showed it to people when he in the middle east. Smart guy obviously.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Muslims are the special religious group that gets pissed off about everything, and bomb people for it. If you notice, Muslims are the ones starting wars, and other's are getting sucked into it.

no offense to Muslims

5. That quite an ignorant statement there Oxy, you seem to have forgetten about the Crusades, they were started by Christians.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

oh, yeah. I was just thinking about recent events.

7. cooldude

cooldude Guest

we muslims don't want to do offence to the man. we have no idea of how he looked so we do not have the right to draw him. and it isn't only him, its everything, that is living. think of it as we can't give life to what we draw so by drawing them we are acting like creators.

When you post in the Mature Discussion center make sure you use proper grammar and spelling, anymore posts without either will be deleted.- Piccolo

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

So by drawing something, you're kind of like making it real/living? And by making a living/real drawing of the unknown like Muhammad, it's considered disrespectful? I see how that works. (not being sarcastic)

9. I dont see how that should be a sign of disrespect though.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I'd think that you wouldn't want to upset a higher power by disrespecting or offending, I should say.