Mt. St. Helens Active Again

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by SamusAran86, Mar 9, 2005.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

after about a 6 month hiatus, Helens is becoming active in ways again!!

Helens released another plume of ash yesterday, followed by a 2.0 earthquake

Story

pic of yesterdays ash plume!!

Attached Files:

2. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

It will probably continue to spew ash for quite some time. They keep saying that it is not likely to erupt, but you never know. Even the experts can be wrong.

3. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Dude, they said that last time and look what happened. Half the side of the mountain is gone.

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

If she does go how far do you think the ash will go?Do you think that the other side will be blown off? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:oh: :eek:hno: :eek:oh:

5. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

I know some people who saw the sky get hazy after Mount St. Helens erupted the first time. Oh yeah, and FYI- we live in Nebraska. :eek:hno:

Maybe it will be like Dante's Peak or Volcano. Those were awesome movies.

6. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I wouldnt expect anything like that to happen, but it could be as the pressure has been building for quite a few months

7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I cool ..I wonder if we will get ash here in colorado?All of the U.S.G.S info is not being given out so something is up...Did you know that the yellowstone park service has issued a warning to all visitors abought the extream changes in the parks thermal attractions.Old faitful is no longer on schedule,and the temp overall has risen by12 degrees...(not much now ) but if the temp goes up they will have to keep people out of some attractions..Popular Science has sevral ariticles abought this subject... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: The USGS has ben out here for months studying the volcanic range here....Tag your it...........