• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Msn

softwarewiz

Registered Member
And a thread for discussion of Microsoft Search Network business news, since it is involved in a struggle to catch up with Yahoo! and Google in the search engine business. Of course they've been around as a search engine for a long time themselves, but have only recently decided to branch out and try to match every move the others make, plus more.

I think the most surprising bit of business news surrounding MSN for me recently was their alliance with Yahoo! over instant messaging on October 12, since they are competitors in all else. Wonder what will come of that alliance?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
And just in time for Google to buy AOL. Seems like everyone is buying each other right now.

I have always liked MSN Messenger better than AOL's AIM, or other popular programs. It has a very well polished feel to it, and there are no ads. I don't see why they need to do anything with Yahoo. Yahoo's messenger service isn't nearly as good as MSN or AIM.

softwarewiz

Registered Member
Actually, I'm not sure who will wind up buying a part of AOL. All of a sudden, everyone wants a piece of AOL, I think because of the huge video implications and their gigantic member database just lying there waiting for some behavioral/contextual search guys to massage ... gives me the creeps just thinking about it ... glad I'm not a member of AOL anymore.

Yahoo! wants a piece of AOL and MSN looks like a likely partner too. Google's just one more in the line.

I do like MSN Messenger a lot better too, but if you have the upgraded version, there are ads on it ... look at the bottom of the box, Andrew. If you haven't uploaded a newer version of it, and don't want to see ads, don't upload the new versions, because advertising is one of the things they snuck in without announcing it was coming! Funny how those kind of things they don't hold big press conferences for proclaiming as a new "advance" :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually I have the updated version, but I forgot about those ads. They aren't at the top so that's good. I just like the feel of MSN better overall. :)

stockbroker

Registered Member
I'm a trillian man myself. :nod:

I cant wait for google to take over the world. I dont know why, I am just a google fan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CaptainObvious Politics & Law 14
Bjarki Computers 1
T Computers 2
Malificus Anime 4
English-Emo-Boy Bathroom Wall 10