• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

News Mr. Weatherman

Zenheizer

needs practice
September is proving to be the hottest month by far in Chicago, USA.

Going to be 97 *F tomorrow, we barely went over 90 in June and July and tomorrow will be like day 5 of 10 for start of the month of at least 90.

How's weather in your neck of the woods?

danwiz

Registered Member
Damn, I hope we don't have any more days like we have so far had this summer here in Mitaka City, Tokyo, Japan. We had way too many days where it was up to 42 C (= 104 F). For the past several days though, it has not been terrible - up to around 32 C (88 F) for the highs and even down to 22 C (72 F) at night, which has been VERY NICE!

I've been in this exact same location for 12.5 years now and this was the first year that we ever had so many days of 40 C or higher. I recall around 6 or 7 years ago when it got up to 35 C (95 F) for several days in a row and that made headline weather news. I tend to blame it on global warming.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Until lately the temperature hadn't been that bad here in Missouri. Mostly 80's and a few 70's, one day last month it only got up to 69 but now its in the 90's and very humid. Hope it doesn't last long I'm ready for fall.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
This winter we are just coming out of (August marks the end of winter), was by far the warmest and shortest winter ever. We maybe had really cold days for a couple of weeks, 4 weeks at most. It's nuts how warm it is down here.

Jim_Raynor

Registered Member
Oh! that sounds bad, the weather were i live has been 100% cloud cover and scattered rain storms since about monday. I can't say that i like this weather but it is just better than really hot weather.

danwiz

Registered Member
Now it's Monday Sept. 16th here and a typhoon is approaching us at the moment from the west. The winds are pretty bad and it's raining like hell. I don't know how much worse it will get, hopefully not much! Lots of train lines stopped, I guess many people will have to stay home today. Fortunately (or unfortunately) it's a national holiday, so lots of people do not have to go to work anyway. But, it's not a fun way to spend a holiday - just sitting, kind of trapped in the house!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Now it's Monday Sept. 16th here and a typhoon is approaching us at the moment from the west. The winds are pretty bad and it's raining like hell. I don't know how much worse it will get, hopefully not much! Lots of train lines stopped, I guess many people will have to stay home today. Fortunately (or unfortunately) it's a national holiday, so lots of people do not have to go to work anyway. But, it's not a fun way to spend a holiday - just sitting, kind of trapped in the house!
Wow a typhoon, stay safe Dan! I've never experienced something like a typhoon.

danwiz

Registered Member
Ah, no big problem for me, but I should not be so glib, because in many areas it is heavy flooding, houses falling into rivers and people being washed away. The TV has NO normal programming at all - it's just special live footage showing the effects, where it is moving to, how many train lines are stopped, highways and bridges that are washed out and so on. Today and kind of travel in this area is virtually impossible except by private car or on foot. I say private car with some hesitation because you may run up against a missing river bridge. Best thing to do is STAY HOME!

Let me post a link to a capture from the TV from just a few minutes ago.

Here's a download link: (I think) http://danwiz.com/DVDTalkImages/Typhoon18.wmv
It's a 71 MB file.

Last edited:

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Where I am right now, although we haven't had rain for two days, the temperatures are starting to drop to the 70s, with the highs being generally the 80s.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The heat has finally started to die down here. I don't need to run the air conditioner and I've started wearing jeans again instead of shorts constantly. I can't wait for winter!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage General Discussion 5
Bliss Bathroom Wall 2