• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mr. Big Shot needs to rediscover his rhythm for Pistons

S

scottmcgrady

AUBURN HILLS -- Sing it all together now

"Mr. Big Shot. Who do you think you are?"

In this case, Mr. Big Shot is Chauncey Billups.

And who is he? Ask any Pistons fan and they'll tell you this: He's the catalyst.

And if the Pistons are going to even the Eastern Conference finals with the Heat tonight, they'll need Billups to reemerge and be the player he was all season -- an MVP-type player.

For the most part this postseason, however, Billups has been Mr. Big Clang.Even Pistons public-address announcer Mason would have to leave off a couple of Bs when introducing Billups. Something is missing. You almost want to believe Billups is injured because he just hasn't been the same player.

"I tell him all the time -- wake up," teammate Antonio McDyess said Wednesday.

"I don't know what it is right now; maybe he's tired because he played a lot of minutes this year. But it's hard for us to win without him. He gets everyone going. When a leader like Chauncey struggles, it goes down the line and everybody struggles."
As we were saying, Detroit needs Chauncey "Big Shot" Billups to step up. His scoring could make a difference this series especially when Jason Williams can't take Chauncey's strength and ability to post up. As we have seen in the playoffs before, Chauncey usually plays well and hits big shots (how he got his name) and making a huge difference yet so far this playoffs he has only had one 30 point game which was game four at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee and has only had one double double which was against the Cavaliers, game one at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit. Chauncey was a possible MVP candidate this season and so far it wouldn't show if you had just been watching the playoffs. Detroit need him to step up.
Read the whole article here

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah but there's a difference between big shots and scoring, I believe what they meant by big shots is that Chauncey scores in key situation which makes him cluth. I believe that the Pistons have more of a defensive mentality, and the best scorer on that team is obviously between Chauncey and Rip. Yes you might say Sheed is a scorer as well and he is, but the biggest threat are Chauncey and Rip. Now I agree that Chauncey has to get it points per game average up, but you got to remember this is only the first game and they only lost by five.

M

Midnight

Chauncey Billups really hasnt been asserting himself thus far in the playoffs. I dont really think that has been the reason why the Pistons have played so clumsily as of late though. It has been their lackadaisical defense thats killed them lately. Chauncey could step up his scoring when it is needed. He doesnt need to take over games, the Pistons just dont need any of that in general. They have enough guys who can shoot the ball on that team anyway.

Antonio Mcdyess can toss a few points on the board himself. He doesnt need to try and make excuses for other players.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that McDyess has been playing really well, he wants a championship ring. Also I wouldn't say there defence is horrible so far in the playoffs because it is pretty decent, there not defending like they should be and did earlier in the season.