MP3 Players

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Doc, May 17, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm a little confused about the MP3 player market right now. I gave in and got myself an 80 gig iPod (it was that or a Zune) a while back. I like it and all, but I really wanted a Creative. Apparently all the local stores only carry Zune and iPod now. What's up with that?

What does your store sell?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

A lot of different players, actually.

I own a Zune and I'm quite happy with it.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't even know what I own, I just own a iPOD

4. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I don't know how Creative is now but my roommate has one that he bought about 4 years ago and it's a colossal piece of crap.

Just get a new Ipod. Those aren't so bad. My friend just got one and it has a program where the Ipod blows up Zunes. That's all the program does. I lol'd.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Guys, READ THE THREAD.

I was asking why most stores only have the Zune and iPod when Creative and others have very good products, too.

6. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

My "local" (If Best Buy can be considered local) store sells all kinds of players. Zunes and iPods are sold more than anywhere else because they're made by the biggest companies. Microsoft and Apple are gaurenteed sellers where as Sony and Sansa are off brands (In the MP3 Player Wars) that people generally don't want to mess with.

7. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

If you look around and leave the glass shelter where they have the expensive mp3 players, you'll find smaller ones like up to 15 gigs around here for much less than an iPod or Zune's. I can't think of any particular brands, but Sandisk comes to mind.

Also, I have an 80 gig Zune and I fucking love it. My sister has an iPod nano and it's a piece of shit. Designed by Mac to interact with Mac computers and all their i technology that's a piece of shit anyway. I love my PC and my Zune loves my PC. It's a good relationship.

8. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

Just for the record, I only own an iPod because my car's stereo is iPod compatible. So technically I never touch the iPod aside from when I put music on it, otherwise it sits in my glove compartment and I use the interface on my head unit in the car.

Zune is far better in my opinion.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

That reminds me, I need to see if I can get one of those plugs for my Zune. My car has one of those mp3 ports, too and I want to try it out.

Did your iPod come with the cord or did you get it separate?