• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

mp3 editor

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Is there a good version of a free program/website that will allow you to edit mp3's?

I get irritated at songs that have random talking gibberish at the front or end of it, and would like to just completely cut it off. Is there a way I can do that?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Audacity is free and will edit your mp3s once you install the separate LAME codec, which is also free. If you can find Nero Wave Editor, though, I'd reach for that one first. It's not stripped-down freeware but a full-feature editing panel, and the interface is easier to figure out fast.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I may look at Nero first. Sometimes they put out trials and I may be able to get what I need done on trial software and then not need it anymore.

Stupid Queens of the Stoneage and all of the radio jumble on their songs. :S

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If you haven't dug one up yet, Brothersoft is offering a free download of the full-version Nero 7 Premium. It's the real deal; I installed a copy on this machine. Just replace the supplied serial number (it's expired) with this: 1C80-80X6-19E5-MA2X-4012-1X8C-88CX

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've used quite a few and I've found that my absolute best experience has come from Wavepad Audio editor.

Only issue is that its a free trial rather than a freeware kinda thing. So after about a month.... you have to uninstall it, then reinstall the free trial again.

But its really not near as complicated as Audacity has been to me. Audacity is a pain in the ass... and I consider myself fairly competent with editing programs of all sorts.

I would say if you're just looking for a solid audio editor for maybe a week or two, give this one a try. Worst case scenario you'll love it and get frustrated by the free trial expiring. I've contemplated buying it, its only 30 bucks... but every time I talk myself out of it on the premise of "you're only using it for ringtone making.... are ringtones really worth 30 bucks?" :hah:

heres the site;

Audio Editing Software - Sound, Music, Voice & Mp3 Editor

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I've used quite a few and I've found that my absolute best experience has come from Wavepad Audio editor.

Only issue is that its a free trial rather than a freeware kinda thing. So after about a month.... you have to uninstall it, then reinstall the free trial again.
That's not so easy. Trial software leaves behind registry keys on uninstall. If you think Audacity is a pain (and I don't disagree), try finding those little fucks after the fact.

Have you tried Nero Wave Editor? I was able to competently remix "I Wanna Be Sedated" using only that program. The full program suite I've linked to in post #4 also contains, among other nifty applications like Burning Rom, a professional mixer called SoundTrax that I'm really looking forward to playing with.

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh well, the problem with having to do it quick is that my laptop is in the shop at the moment, and it will be another week or so before I get it back. I don't think my old one could handle any additional programs on it. The space is limited and it's already slow as molasses.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That's not so easy. Trial software leaves behind registry keys on uninstall.
The majority do... but NCH Wave Pad does not for some fortunate reason. The timed 30-day Trial period expires and the program becomes inaccessible. But a simple uninstall and fresh reinstall has worked for me well over 8-10 times over the past 4 years.

I may have tried the Nero editor.... its been a long while since I gave any a chance. Currently I'm forcing myself to learn Audacity and when I get frustrated with that I just redownload Wave Pad :hah:

dDave

V.I.P.
You can actually change that in itunes but I guess you'd rather use another program.

If you still need another suggestion then try Goldwave, it's the only mp3 editing software I've ever used. You can record and edit in every single audio format.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
How do you change that in iTunes? Does it have to be a newer version of it? I would actually not prefer to have any new programs. Although, I'll probably remove iTunes soon since I'm almost positive about getting a Zune...but I have it at the moment...or when I get my laptop back, at least.