• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

mp3 converter

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Does anyone know how to convert an mp3 to a wav file? I can't get a cd that I burned to play in my car stereo and I decided that was the cause lol

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya..

Well you can go to riva and download their converter/encoder for 14.99.
Convert Audio and Video files with Replay Converter

Also check the settings that you saved the file format in again, was it saved as an MP3 or Wave?

If you want to email it to me I can convert it for you.

I use my encoder for all kinds of editing..

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you sure that's the problem though? How new is the CD player? WAV files are a LOT bigger than MP3's and you won't be able to fit near as many on a single CD.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
well it's a brand new car, I have only had it for a month. So it's the CD player that is in the car. But I mean it doesn't play at all. I used to burn cd's all the time and play them in my car all the time. I dunno It was just a thought that this might be the problem : / The cd that I burned plays on the computer. but that's it

oh also I'm not worried about how big it is. It's only one song that I was burning anyway LOL it's just a song that my daughter is stuck on at the moment and I just got tired of listening to " when are they going to play that song mommy?" So I burned itto play it in the car for her but didn't work out.

oh yea , night it was saved as an mp3 on my computer that is why I thought maybe I needed to change it.

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya..Are you useing new disks? Sometimes I have used the wrong disks for recording.
Did that yesterday. :lol:

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
using CD-R same thing I have always used ; )

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya..
So have you had any luck.
If you need me to reconvert the song to mp3 let me know.

My email is [email protected]

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use a program called goldwave, available free at GoldWave - Audio Software. You can open MP3 files and save them as anything you can think of. You can also edit and add effects, etc. It will eventually make you pay, but you can continue using if for free if you don't do more than a certain amount of edits per session.

Definitely worth checking out though. :)

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
oh that is cool. I will definitely check that out. thanks Andrew : )

Plumley

Registered Member
GoldWave is a great product. I don't use all the features but it's just the ticket for recording and editing. I haven't needed to upgrade in a while and the version I use needs an add on for some features, which is free, too. So, yes, definitely worth checking.