• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MP3 Conversion question

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I have many MP3 songs downloaded on my PC that I have tried to burn to music CD's, but my portable CD player will not play them.

My question is how can I make them playable to a CD player?

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
Most CD players can read it you burn the MP3 files directly to disc. Don't make an audio disc since only a few songs can be recorded per disc.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have many MP3 songs downloaded on my PC that I have tried to burn to music CD's, but my portable CD player will not play them.

My question is how can I make them playable to a CD player?
How old is your CD player? Also, are you making CD-R's or are you trying to make data CD's? Because not many CD players will play data CDs.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
When I place blank CD in my PC, it ask me what I wish to do with it, I select "Make a music cd" then it goes to Media player and ask me to place songs in burn list. I add the songs to the list, it makes CD, and this works in my PC, but not in my portable cd player.

My portable is I think 3-4 years old. I used to put these songs to my Ipod, but it has broken and I can not buy a new one, so all I have is portable CD player and maybe 30 blank music CD's.

Also my portable does work with real music CD's I have bought from the past.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
How old is your CD player? Also, are you making CD-R's or are you trying to make data CD's? Because not many CD players will play data CDs.
And actually while we're on that topic a lot of older CD players cannot play CD-R's I had one that couldn't and I had a portable CD player once that advertised that it could play CD-R's which obviously hints that some can't play them.

I've never had any problems playing MP3 CD's though. (except for course in incompatible players)

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
What program are you using? Just Windows Media Player? Try making a CD in iTunes. Even if it's 3-4 years old, it should have no problem playing blank CDs. 6 years ago I had a basic Sony one that played CD-Rs.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Yes, was Windows Media player I was using. Itunes worked, I did not know I could make CD from this, I thought was only for MP3 players and Ipods.

Thank you.