Moving out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright this a two part question.

First part: For everyone that doesn't live with their parents anymore, why did you decide to move out? How old are were you when you moved out? Did you buy a house or rented an apartment?

Part two: For the members who still live with their parents, whats holding you back? Obviously this for people over 18 years old. When are you planning to move out? Are you planning to buy a house or rent?

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I was 17 almost 18 when I moved out on my own. My first place I shared with a friend. I just couldn't stand my folks strict rules anymore plus I also went away to collage but even if I didn't go away for collage I would have still moved out.

I wanted to be on my own and away from their rules and military bases since I was 16. I got sick of it all and just wanted out.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I still live with my parents. What's holding me back is that I've never cared enough about moving out to actually go work and make money. That will be changing soon.

4. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I will be moving out the second I turn 18. My parents are way too bipolar in the way they treat me for me to deal with it. One day they're so nice, the next they're total a$$holes. As of right now, I'm moving out with my boyfriend, but if we break up (which at this point i doubt will happen), I have my friends who are buying a house-type place to go with.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm just graduating college and I have a job lined up but unfortunately, land and housing is extremely expensive in the north eastern US of A so for now I'm at home saving up until I move out. I want to move out and I may move in with a friend but we'll see.

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I guess you can call joining the army moving out, because you live on base if you don want to rent or in training. I was 17 when I left to start my training, and I left to get a job and gain experience in life.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

It happened the other way around for me.

I lived with my Mother through my teens but from the age of about 15 she spent a lot of time at her husbands house, by the time I was 18 she had practically moved out and I had the house to myself, then my girlfriend moved in. Even though my Mother still had a room there she almost never stayed over and would only call past once or twice a month. I paid for all the bills and paid her rent(which was family discount cheap).

After me and the girlfriend split, I had a friend move into the spare room for a while and she paid rent too.

When I was 22 years old my mother and her hubby sold their property and went to the Southern hemisphere for 6 months and asked when they return they would like the property back for themselves to retire in. I obliged and moved out.

I rented with some mates for a while. Then when my Grandmother died I moved into her old house, but it was more just for storage as I spent all my time working abroad living in hotels at the time.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  8. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I'm partially moved out and partially not. I still have tons of stuff at my mom and dads house, but I also have a place rented here since I need a place to stay during college. Once I am done with college, I can't really say if I will permanently move out or not. If there is a job somewhere near my hometown, I might stay with my mom and dad for a bit to save up some cash for my own place. If there isn't a place near my home town, then I'll have to get my own place obviously.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

For everyone that doesn't live with their parents anymore, why did you decide to move out?
    I had wanted to move out for the past 3 years but could never afford it. One day I just got fed up with always depending on my parents and just moved in to the first place I could find.

How old are were you when you moved out?
    I moved out last May and I was 22 at the time.

Did you buy a house or rented an apartment?
    I am renting a house because I don't want to buy a house until I find the perfect place to live.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I was supposed to move out this summer if my sister could find a place that would have enough room for me, they couldn't. So I am stuck in this hell hole with nothing but some vic to keep me company.

I planned on renting a room, and still do, maybe an apartment since I can't live with my sister. I want to move out as soon as humanly possible