Movies Movies you wanted to like but didn't?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ever hear of a "must see" movie, only to go see it and wonder what all the hype was about?

One movie I wanted to like was 300. I watched it with people who loved it but I really was left wondering how it was so great. Did I miss something? Does it take a few viewings to become "The best epic of all time?"

It felt like I was watching a videogame CG scene from Warcraft or something during half of the movie. I really wanted to like the movie but it just didn't do it for me.

What movies did you want to like but ended up unable to?

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I really wanted to like narnia the lion the witch and the wardrobe but they really just kidded it down too much for it to be as good as the book.

3. kajinpl

kajinpl Registered Member

I think the movie for me was Daredevil because I'm a big MARVEL fan. The only thing I liked about that movie was Bullseye.

4. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Gigli... No, that's a lie.

Well, I'd have to go with "The Zodiac" for a more recent film. I just didn't like it as it progressed. There were times were it felt more like a documentary than a movie and it seemed hard to keep track of all the dates that were being thrown at you.

Yeah "Daredevil" was a huge letdown. One movie in particular that I wish was remade, and by remade I mean destroying all evidence that the original actually existed and then "remake" it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

same here, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Jumper because the adverts made it look so cool. It's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I wanted to like Hulk, but it was a disgrace of a movie.

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

For me it's INDEPENDENCE DAY. Dumbest movie I've ever seen. And considering how many movies I've seen, that's really saying something.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow DLF that's unfortunate that you didn't like ID4. It's one of my all time favorites actually. What didn't you like about it? What did you go in expecting?

10. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Pirates 2 and 3. I love Pirates 1 and was expecting much more from the sequels.